Promise

"Happy birthday!" I heard someone shouting as I rubbed my eyes.

I sat up in bed and slowly opened my eyes. Ry was standing in front of the bed with a big smile on his face. Wearing Adidas sweatpants and a tee shirt.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" He shouted.

"What time is it?" I asked sleepily.

He frowned and crossed his arms "7:30"

I laughed and fell back into bed "give me until 10" I mumbled as I started to close my eyes again.

He laughed and ran over to my bedside "oh no you won't! I have a private gallery showing for us at 9. Get up!" He said while shaking my shoulder.

I shook my head and he started to tickle me. I laughed and writhed under his hands "okay okay I'm up!" I screamed.

He stopped and helped me out of bed "go brush your teeth birthday girl" he said while making a face.

I smacked his shoulder "shut up. I've been up for like 2 minutes"

He smiled "and you still manage to look as beautiful as ever"

I smiled "aw you're such a charmer. I'm going to shower"

He laughed "wear something comfortable, I'll make you your birthday breakfast"

I smiled "thanks pumpkin"

I looked in the mirror of our bathroom and all I saw were dark under eye circles, messy and frizzy hair, and small boobs. I didn't look or feel 23.

I got in the shower and brushed my teeth. I curled my hair and immediately felt better. I applied some eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss.

I put on a pair of black skinny jeans, a maroon sweater and a pair of brown ankle boots.

I walked out of our bedroom that we've shared since last week when I officially moved in and sold my apartment.

"Good morning" I smiled at Ry who was placing some chocolate chip waffles for me on a plate.

"Good morning beautiful" he said as he hugged me. "Happy birthday" I smiled and kissed him "thank you!"

He looked amazing, with a pair of dark navy jeans, and a black sweater with dark brown suede shoes.

"You look so good" I smiled.

He winked at me "I try. Not so bad yourself"

I laughed "I really do try! Oh wait!" I said as I ran back to our bedroom and got his necklace out of a box for me.

I ran back into the kitchen "put this on for me" I handed him the necklace and he smiled.

I turned around and picked up my hair. He placed the necklace around my neck and clasped it shut. "Let's have some breakfast because I still want to get to that gallery" he said as he took a bite out of his waffle.

While we were in the car, I took his hand in mine and closed my eyes.

"You're quite the chef" I said while opening my eyes.

He smirked and nodded "I'm a man of many talents"

"Cocky aren't we?" I said while smiling.

"Meh, I think it's justifiable" he laughed.

"Oh be quite you" I said as I kissed his cheek.

I rested my head on his shoulder as I saw some guys take pictures of us through the car.

"Oh god. Really?" I muttered to myself.

Ry gripped the steering wheel and flared his nostrils "can't even fucking kiss my girlfriend without these assholes taking pictures of me. Fucking douchebags"