That's Unfortunate

It was late September and I was finished with a photo shoot when I decided that I should stop by Ryan's office building and surprise him.

I went into a bakery and bought some fresh baked cookies in a box before driving to his office.

I entered and came up to the front desk. "Hi, is Ryan Saunders busy?" I asked politely.

The woman smiled and held up a finger as she called his office. I heard home bark through the phone an angry response to her question.

"Your girlfriend is here to see you sir" she said sweetly. I couldn't hear what he said on the other line but she rolled her eyes and hung up.

"He can see you, he's just a little testy today" she sighed.

I smiled and rode the elevator up to his office floor. I knocked in his door and he didn't respond the first time.

I knocked a second time and he angrily yelled "come in"

I slowly opened the door and closed it behind me. He was facing the window away from me as I set my purse down on his chair.

"Hey, I brought you cookies" I said.

He turned around and sat down behind his desk without making any eye contact with me.

"Thanks" he said rudely and began to type something on his computer.

"Would you like me to make dinner?" I asked quietly.

"Maddie, I'm fucking busy. What don't you understand?" He barked angrily at me. He didn't have the soft look in his eye that he usually did.

I frowned and raised a brow, I grabbed my purse "I do understand, which is why I'll be leaving."

I angrily turned on my heel and slammed his office door shut as I left.

I can't believe he had he audacity to speak to me that way. I fucking go out of my way to help him and this is the way he treats me?

He doesn't come home for 2 to 4 nights in a row and expects me to leave him alone when he's in a bad mood. I'm his girlfriend and I expect attention and some sort of loving.

It's been over a year since we began dating and every day it just gets harder to deal with his Job and mine. I want him more than anything but I don't want the angry CEO side of him.

I sat in my car and drove to our penthouse. I walked inside and grabbed some cereal and poured myself a bowl. Looks like he'll be making dinner for himself.

I sat down on the couch and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

"Maddie wake up" I felt someone lightly shake my shoulder.

"Wake up damn it we need to talk" the husky voice said.

I sat up and looked into the eyes of Ryan. I rubbed my eyes and pulled my hair up to the top of my head.

I stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"Ryan...I need a break" I said quickly while looking at my fingers.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" He asked.

I looked up at him and frowned "it means that I need to get away from here and assess this relationship and what it really means to me" I said.

He frowned and ran his hands through his hair "so you're leaving me?" He said.

I bit my lip and nodded slightly "I need a break. I can't handle this. I can't handle being yelled at and I feel like you use me when you need me. I can't take it anymore. The first year was great but ever since August, I've been feeling extremely secondary and you're constantly taking your anger out on me and I don't deserve that" I said while wiping away my eyes.