Undying Passion

Ryan's POV

November 17th was the day I lost my whole world.

I sat in my office, still fuming about the fight I had with her the night before when I got a phone call from the local hospital.

I drove to the hospital where Olivia was crying in my father's hands.

"What's going on?!" I hollered at my father and Francine.

She began to cry "Olivia ran out onto the street and a car came, Maddie pushed her out of the way and got hit"

My mind blanked and I felt a chill all over my body.

"Where...where is she? Is she okay? God I told her that I didn't want her yesterday. Where is she?!" I yelled.

Francine began to cry and shake her head "Ryan...honey, she was killed on impact" she fell to the floor and sobbed into her hands as Olivia cried in my dad's lap and asked to see her mom.

At that moment, my breath was knocked out of my body. I fell to the floor on my knees and began to sob like a baby into my hands.

My wife, the only woman I've ever loved was gone. She was gone forever. I was a single dad with a hole in my heart that won't ever be healed.

I shakily got up and followed a nurse to see what was left of my wife, the love of my life, the mother of my only child.

I walked into the hospital room as the nurse brought the blanket that was over her head down.

She looked pale with blue lips and cuts and bruises everywhere. This wasn't my wife, it felt like a never ending nightmare.

"I'm so sorry." I cried into my hands before coming to the realization that she would never speak to me again. She could never forgive me. I came to the realization that my daughter wouldn't have a mother, all she had was a worthless father who cared about money more than spending time with her.

I realized that the person who I loved the most in life was gone forever and I hadn't even said I loved her. She died while mad at me.

If I hadn't been so cruel to her, she'd still be alive right now.

I held her hand and sobbed. "Baby I'm so sorry. I...i love you! I fucking love you so much. Please come back to me. Give her back! GIVE HER BACK"

She was motionless as I stared at her. I couldn't look at her anymore in this condition.

I kissed her cheek and put the blanket back over her head.

I walked out of the room where Olivia ran into my arms while sobbing. I sat down in a chair with her and for the first time in forever, I sobbed with her.

-------------------------------------------------------

I stood outside with my daughter as they brought the casket out. The casket with my wife in it, the love of my life. The white roses decorated the dark brown wood as everyone stared at what was left of the love of my life.

I felt tears spring to my eyes as everyone cried around me.

The priest stood in front of us "is there anyone who would like to say anything about Mrs. Saunders before we say our final goodbye?"

A young woman walked up and cleared her throat as she blotted her eyes "hi, I'm Stephanie. I worked with Maddie at her store. Maddie was a woman who showed unconditional love for her daughter and her husband. She was selfless and believed that everyone was good deep down inside. Maddie was a wonderful woman who believed in true love and passion. Luckily for her, she met and married her soul mate. She loved her husband more than anything. After 8 years of trying to get pregnant, she did. Maddie wanted the best for her husband and daughter. I want everyone to know that just because she's physically not here anymore, she'll forever be in our hearts. She will never be forgotten, and I know that she'll be our guardian angel and I'll be waiting for the day I'll get to see her again. We'll miss you Maddie. Rest in piece beautiful" she wiped her eyes and stood down.

A good 30 people cried and told stories of how wonderful she was.

When it was my turn, my hands shook as I stood in front of everyone.

It felt as if my story was the most important, I am the reason she is gone. I haven't been able to sleep or think clearly. This was my life now, it was a living hell.

"Maddie was beautiful. She was so beautiful that she captured my heart from the moment I laid eyes on her. The ring on her finger meant a lot to me, she was the first woman I've ever loved. I loved her more than life itself. The day she passed, I thought to myself how I would even live without her here. But then I remembered that she left me with a beautiful daughter. My daughter's personality and kind hearted words remind me of Maddie and I know that she's looking down upon us and smiling as we speak. She was never spiteful and knew that everything happened for a reason. Maybe this is a lesson for me or maybe I'm being punished. I just know that I'll never forget about the once amazing wife I had. And I know that our passion will never end. Our passion is embodied in our daughter. She's the symbol of our undying passion. Rest in heavenly peace and wait for me" I said, I couldn't bring myself to look these people in the eyes.

As the casket was lowered I had held my daughter's hand.

Olivia didn't understand and I knew that she wouldn't comprehend this for a long while.

I stood there and looked at her grave site.
"When can we go see mama?" She asked sweetly and looked up at me.

"Liv, mommy is gone. We can't see her anymore" I said and bent down to her eye level.

"Hi mommy!" Olivia cheered "you're back!" She jumped up and down and hugged the air.

"I will mommy, I love you too" Olivia waved goodbye at the air and smiled at me.

"Mommy told me that she loves you and she will always be here for you" Olivia smiled.

"Mommy said that? I don't see her" I said as tears sprung to my eyes. She wanted her mother so badly, she was pretending she was there.

She shrugged "she said that you will see her one day. She looks pretty"

"Mommy always looks pretty" I smiled.

At that moment, I felt a hand on my cheek and a slight breeze in the air.

"I love you" I whispered.

"She said goodbye daddy" Olivia said.

"Mommy where are you going?" Olivia started to panic and cry.

"Please don't leave! Mommy come back! Mommy! Mommy!" Olivia began to shout as she ran out into the cemetery crying.

I followed her and took her hand "mommy left! She left! Where did she go?! Daddy I want mommy!" She cried

I hugged her and cried "I want mommy too. She's an angel now sweetheart"

"I want to be an angel too" she cried

"You will be an angel someday"

She continued to cry in my arms as I looked up into the oddly sunny sky and closed my eyes.

Goodbye, my love.

THE END.

Every decision you make will lead you to a certain point in your life. The second you are born, your entire life has been planned out to the last possible minute. Everything that happens to you, good or bad, happens for a reason. Everything that happens, is meant to happen. Everyone has a set time to leave this world, and when they approach that time, it may be devastating, but no one is given more than they can possible handle. Carry out every moment to the best of your abilities, treasure the happy days and bury the sad ones. Make the most of your life, you're given only one. Your life is like a story, make it worth while, make it so that way someone would want to read it.