Firsts

December 31st

I looked at my red lipstick from the other side of the mirror and liked what I saw.

I managed to get my hair to a pin straight form instead of the usual frizzy madness. New Years Eve was one of those days that made me happy and yet depressed.

I couldn't believe my brother wasn't home yet but at the same time, I was unbelievably grateful for my boyfriend.

I pulled on a black shimmery dress without ruining my hair and looked in my full length mirror. I felt like I gained weight and needed to hit the gym more often if I wanted to keep my modeling job.

I hopped into my car and drove down to Ryan's place for his annual New Years Eve party which happened to host his father and his wife along with his brother and sister Nancy.

I got a phone call from him and eagerly picked up.

"Ready to spend the last few hours of this year with me?" He laughed through the phone.

"Always ready. And ready for the months of the new year. I can't believe it"

He sighed "me neither. Dad's here with his wife. They're excited to meet you."

I laughed "I'm nervous. I admit"

"Don't be. Now get your pretty little ass over here. I have to go"

I laughed and hung up the phone. I parked in my designated spot by his building and hopped out of the car.

When I stepped into his penthouse, there was light music and a bunch of people holding glasses of champagne.

"Hey babe" Ryan said as he wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my temple.

"Hey handsome" he was wearing a grey button down with black slacks.

I kissed him and smiled "like what you see?" He asked sounding sarcastic.

I winked "very much so. I'd like to see what I can do with all this later" I said.

He smirked "believe me, I've been thinking the same since this morning" he winked as he lightly squeezed my butt.

I laughed out loud "paws off. Now where's your father and brother?"

He rolled his eyes and pointed to two men drinking and laughing with each other in the corner of the kitchen.

"Come, I'll introduce you" he said as he wrapped his arm around me once more.

They saw us and smiled. He looked like his father in a way. He had hair with specks of grey in it and creases under his eyes. His laugh lines shook out on his face and his teeth were perfectly straight. His eyes were a bright bluish green color.

Not to mention the fact that he was very well dressed. He was wearing a black blazer with a crisp white shirt and grey pants with a watch on his wrist that was probably worth more than myself.

"Hello, I'm David Saunders. You must be Madeline" he said pleasantly as he shook my hand.

"Yes I am, nice to meet you Mr. Saunders" I smiled.

"Please, call me David. This kid has told me all about you" he nodded at Ryan.

He slightly blushed and I smiled "oh has he? I had no clue."

David laughed "how about that sonny? You tell your old man everything. He's completely infatuated, it's quite interesting actually" he said while smiling.

I blushed and his brother shook my hand "I'm Danny, Ryan's brother. You did well Ryan" he laughed.

Ryan laughed and lightly punched his brother in the shoulder. "Shut up dude. She's mine"