Plain

As I walked into the studio, I saw a bunch of tall beautiful women walk out with portfolios in their hands.

I smiled when I knew that Ryan had fully supported me in this. I rode an elevator up to the set to see the photographer pacing across the room.

"Ah you must be Madeline?" He asked

I smiled and shook his hand "that's me"

"I'm señor Chavez and this is my crew. We have a shoot today for Reebok Sport. Go get settling in hair and makeup"

I walked over to a table with bright lights and makeup all over the place as two women began to do my makeup and hair.

A young woman walked up to me and smiled "hi Maddie, I'm Veronica. Ryan hired me to be your personal manager."

"Nice to meet you"

She nodded and smiled "now today we have a photo shoot with Reebok and if all goes well, I'm expecting more photo shoots in the future. Now I'm sure you know this but part of modeling would be lingerie shoots"

I nodded and motioned for her to continue "I encourage all my models to exercise and stay fit by eating healthy to look your best. Now eventually when we get to these lingerie shoots, we want you to be comfortable as well"

"I have a job, so would I have to exercise every day?" I asked.

She nodded and smiled as she leaned against the counter of makeup "Mr. Saunders has spoken to me about your job and he decided that letting you go from the company would be in our best wishes"

"He's firing me?!" I yelped. "I really need the money"

She laughed "sweetie, modeling is a full time job. You'll get paid well, trust me. Traveling and living a lavish life under the lights seems a lot more fascinating to me than some boring desk job. Don't you think?"

I shrugged "I guess. What if I don't like this?"

She laughed "I'm sure that your boyfriend will be more than happy to have you work for him again. As for now, he's happy for you. It's a wonderful opportunity. The tabloids love this stuff"

"But I have no clue how to act around the paparazzi. What do I even say?"

"Just ignore them and push past them. They only spew nonsense at you. Once you have any real interviews, you can clear the air about any stupid rumors they might make up. Try to keep your social media to appeal to your fans"

She showed me her phone where she was logged into my account. "How do you know my password?!" I screeched.

"As your manager, it's my job to monitor your social media and what people say about you and what you post. I will not write or post anything under your name, but try not to respond to their tweets. Oh look you've gotten to 700,000 followers"

"Wow" I looked at myself in the mirror when the girls finished my makeup and I could not even process what was going on

The wardrobe stylists put me in a sports bra with athletic pants and runners. I posed for the camera every which way I could.

They finally called it a day when they got the "perfect shot" I left feeling happy with myself and what I was able to do today.

As I left the building, a bunch of guys took pictures of me and asked if I was digging my way into Ryan's bank account.

I got into the car and the driver pulled out and drove to Ryan's apartment. When I got back, he was sitting at his piano, reading some music.

"How was it?" He asked while smiling at me.

I beamed "it was amazing"

He smiled and hugged me "I knew you'd like this. I'm assuming Veronica told you that this will be your full time job from now on?"

I laughed "yes she did inform me of that. Thanks for firing me by the way. I have to go back to my apartment"

He pouted and kissed me "you're not really going back to that shit hole with that raging bitch are you?"

I laughed "that shit hole is my place of residence thank you very much and that raging bitch is hopefully still my best friend"

"Well Veronica is working on getting you your own place with a driver. You're not going to be a New York City model living in there"

"I appreciate that, but I feel like I don't deserve this"

He hugged me "blame your parents, you were born beautiful. Veronica's team will get all your stuff from the apartment and bring it here while you go house hunting with her tomorrow"

I laughed "and meanwhile?" I asked.

He raised a brow "well you are getting over that cold of yours..."

He kissed me and lifted me in his arms as we made our way to his bedroom. We flopped down on the bed and I threw the t-shirt he was wearing on the floor as he pulled off my pants.

We ended up sharing more than just a kiss.

I laid my head on his chest as he breathed heavy. "Today was amazing and I honestly could not thank you enough for all of this"

He laughed and squeezed my shoulder "my pleasure" he kissed me.

And at that moment, I felt like the luckiest girl on the planet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More intense drama to come in the next chapter ...