Chapter 2.

I got hurt, I built walls.
I got disappointed, I built other walls.
People let me go easily, I built more walls.
And then.. I noticed that no one was able to break them down. Ever.
-Unknown

•••••

Leila opened her house door to a complete silence. She liked quiet places that was why she didn't hire a lot of servants she might had none if we looked wisely. She only had someone coming every now and then to clean her house. She also believed in humbleness that was why she had a house with only 3 rooms, kitchen and average living room. She never invited a soul in her house as she considered it as a personal space. While all businessmen or rich people had mansion or villa , she just had her simple house. In her opinion it was a place for her to sleep only , she came home late and left early, it was only like a hotel for her but bigger and personal.

Leila took off her heels and continued barefoot to her room feeling relieved to take those monsters off of her acing feet. If only her work didn't need her classy style she would go in sneakers or her slippers. Throwing her hair messily over her shoulders , her blazer and shirt on the hanger with her pantalon , she jumped on her bed for a dreamless sleep leaving all the work and stress outside her door.

To live alone, for kids meant freedom, for teenagers meant partying, for boys meant playing video games and mess around, for girls meant modeling and watching romance, for old people meant loneliness but here we're talking about the unique Leila Josef. For her to live alone meant pease and quietness. She liked the silence.

The alarm rang and Leila hoped out of her bed. When all people despised the alarms because it dustup their beauty sleep, Leila liked the reminder of a new day, a new start , new progress and new production. She liked being productive and useful for her sake and others.

After her normal routine and having breakfast she hopped in her porch and took off to her office. She normally came before her employees by an hour to revise anything needed to be revised. She left her car in the garage and the security man opened the big door of the company for her to enter. It was only 7:00 am and she was alone in the hallway. She liked this silence before the noise of her employees working.

Opening the plasma in front of her to see the news channel, a certain piece of news caught her eyes. Her opponent company announced their bankruptcy. She thought quickly with her calculated fast mind to buy this company or to help them and had a good percentage with that the place would be all empty for her. She called her lawyer to organise everything and to meet her first thing when he arrives.

•••••

"You'll have to organize a meeting with Mr. Matthew to have that deal sealed. In my opinion he has no way to refuse such offer when he fall down on the ground. I'll contact his lawyer personally if you like." Mr. David said and that was his last words about the deal of having their hand on Mr. Matthew's company after the bankruptcy news.

"Okay that would be fine with me. Thanks Mr. David for your efforts, you can take your leave now and send me Mrs. Dalila please" her lawyer nodded his head with a smile and left her to continue the conditions of the deal.

Dalila knocked on the door softly and came in with her notepad to write down the notes Leila would tell her.

"Dalila, I want an appointment with Mr. Matthew as soon as possible, send these papers to the printer section to be written correctly and I want them on my desk by lunch time." Leila handed her the papers and she left to do what she was told.

Leila sighed and prayed to God for the deal to be successful. She wanted to see herself grow day by day and to prove to her old self that she could be anything she wanted without being shy or negative.

She was now stronger than her old self and the walls she built were stronger by every successful deal. She now could raise her head high and made men shake with fear of her power. That was her purpose, wasn't it?

She was startled by her PA coming in her office to tell her the appointment would be today if she wanted. Leila wasn't surprise of the quick reply and acceptance she knew the company was dead now and needed her. Being eager to achieve her goal she asked Dalila to postpone her other appointments and to make the meeting held in here rather than at the Matthews. Dalila went quickly to do what her boss said and Leila regained her strong mask again after the thoughts of her past.

Mr. David appeared before the meeting by 10 minutes with the deal and conditions written neatly on the computer and printed in two copies. He was used to work fast from day one he worked with Leila, he knew he couldn't be on her bad side.

"Ms. Josef, pleased to meet you" Mr. Matthew announced and raised his hand for a formal handshake. Leila returned the gesture and they both sat down opposite to each other.

"You know Mr. Matthew I'm a straightforward person and I'm sure you know already the reason I send for you" Leila said in her business voice.

"I believe I have a piece of it. You can explain yourself better" he said and Leila began with the deal and they discussed the conditions and with Mr. Matthew having no other option he agreed on her deal and they signed it with a handshake sealing it. Now his company was hers and he just worked as a manager under her hand. It was a blow to him but he had no other choice he actually had nothing after losing all his money on a failed project.

Mr. Matthew exited Leila's office with his head held down in shame for losing his family's company. Maybe one day he could take it back with his hard work. To be a CEO wasn't an easy job after all.