Chapter 4

I have a weird connection with nights.
The more I suppose to sleep, the more my mind starts to work.
From old to older to oldest. I start recalling things from the past.

•••••

Jacob was fuming in front of his computer and couldn't finish what was asked from him cause he wasn't able to remove the picture of Leila scolding him like a mother would do with her child. Yes he felt sorry for what he did with her but after the regret went away he became angry, replaying what happened again and again. How could a woman shout in his face ! That was his problem. Being half eastern man made him with stupid rock head with the powerful man as a role model. He couldn't get his head out of the gutter and see that the man is just like the woman maybe less than her too. Yes less than her, bring a man with such strength like a mother carrying a baby in hand and another in her womb doing the household and still thinking of how to please her husband , or like a woman in her monthly torture and the list could go on. Women are strong and important not weak and sloven as men believed. What a racial belief!

Jacob wanted to go break down the door of her office and scream in her face to make her know her place or write a resignation and threw it in her face but he knew deep down he needed his job, he worked hard to be in his position ,the manager of his department, but working with his ex-lover seemed to be difficult from the first meeting and he knew that Leila would use all her efforts to make him know her power and his position under her now. Jacob woke the monster in her and he knew that too well.

On the other hand, Leila was dancing with pride from what she did, she felt her broken heart defended itself finally. She felt more powerful than when she entered the company the morning of that day. She felt happy as if her life got a new thing to live for. She wanted to put that arrogant ex-lover of her in his place and to make him wake up from his dreamy sleep. The dreamy days had gone now with her being his boss. Leila ordered him to do some papers and designs and to bring them in 2 hours time no more and now was the mentioned time but Jacob hadn't finished yet, he was still fuming , not being able to work till this minute and he , in fact, forgot about this 2 hours limitation. He was stupid enough to give Leila another reason to show him her powers more.

Leila called for her PA and told him to bring Mr. Jacob for her and the poor man did it immediately seeking her good side, after all he was the only one hearing her scolding the manager of one of their departments. Jacob strutted in her office not wanting to increase pressure on his poor nerves.

"What do you want?" Jacob threw the words with distaste.

"I see you need another lesson on how to talk with your boss" Leila said without even looking his direction as she was signing some important papers which were in fact more important than talking with someone like Jacob in her opinion.

Jacob huffed trying to calm crazy nerves or he would be a screaming maniac in his boss's office. Leila didn't give him time to reply and talked after closing the file.

"I gave you work to do two hours ago, where is it?" She crossed her fingers and relaxed her back on her comfortable chair.

"I haven't finished it yet, anything else?" Jacob replied with a bored tone. Leila knew the key to communicate with Jacob was to be calm then lash at him when he didn't expect it.

"I gave you a limited time to do small design and you failed, you think I need some lazy employees in my company , Mr." Leila emphasized the words 'my company' to show him again his place in her company.

Jacob in fact knew the work was small as she put it and would take him only an hour but he couldn't focus to do it and he knew he needed to get use to the new situation to be able to stay and have money.

"You'll find it on your desk tomorrow first thing..  I'm sorry for this" he said the last part with low voice but sure Leila heard it and smirked to herself.

"Okay , we'll see" she dismissed him with her hand and he huffed again shutting the door with more force than needed making Leila laugh.

•••••

Leila that day finished her work earlier than everyday and she had to go home earlier than her usual days. As mush as she liked her silent peaceful house she didn't prefer staying long times in it. When she wasn't tired and sleepy she would sit and think which she didn't like much. Yes, the successful businesswoman dreaded when she sits at home and thinks. The silence of her house reminded her of how lonely she was. She was strong but that didn't mean she didn't need a family to fill the empty part in her heart. She was used to it but she needed them too. To lose your parents at the age of 20 was hard and for Leila it was harder. She was an only child with no relatives she could remember. When her parents died , Jacob was there for her but he also left when he thought she was strong enough to stand on her feet and to live alone in her life. She appeared tough to him but she missed her parents every passing second and she missed them more when she realized that she had no one to stand by her. Jacob not only left her and broke her heart like any other man could do , he left her after the death of her parents , when she needed him the most, which made it harder than any other breakup. Although , Leila hated him for breaking her heart when no one could pick the pieces, she was thankful for this breakup , as it brought a strong, tough girl who could stand in this hard world and walk against the flow without being tired or breakable.