Chapter 12

Pain changes people, it makes them trust less , over think more and shut people out.

•••••

         Yusuf was interested in Leila and he wanted to make a move. He wasn't a player , on the contrast, he was loving , caring and always searching for a suitable spouse for him. He was surrounded by gold diggers , people seeking fame no one wanted him as in him but the businessman Yusuf Ryan. Being in the same level as him and as rich as him , he wanted to take his first steps and know her personally to know if they could click. They hit it off on the party but he wanted to know her better. He saw in her a funny, determined, successful and beautiful woman and wanted to know if her heart was as beautiful.

Knocking on her office door he didn't hear a sound, but he knew she was there , her secretary told him when he came, he didn't have an appointment but he came nonetheless, he was that eager to know her. Being the impatient person he was he opened the door without permission to see the unexpected. Leila was on her prayer mat. He didn't know she was a Muslim, no one knew. To say he was hopeful and happy would be an understatement. He found it a plus point to her beauty.

Leila looked up at the person who invaded her privacy without permission to be surprised by Yusuf who had a calculating look on his face, eyes all lightened up. She cleared her throat.

"I believe, we don't have a meeting , Mr Ryan" she said standing up. He snapped out from his thoughts and smiled.

"I believe we discussed the 'Mr Ryan' part yesterday , Ms Josef" he mocked.

"What are you doing her, Yusuf" she sighed knowing the stubborn man wouldn't give up.

"Nothing, just" he shrugged and took a seat.

"I feel that this office isn't mine anymore" she scoffed and he laughed

"You'll tell me 'take a seat' so I did no need with the formality. Anyway I didn't know you are a muslim" he grinned.

"I think you don't know me after all" she raised her brows in a challenging manner.

"But I'm willing to" she didn't comment on that and sent for her secretary.

"Ms. Josef?"

"I want my juice and ...?" She looked at Yusuf questioning.

"Coffee" he said.

Typical she muttered under her breath.

"So?" Yusuf cut the silence.

"So what? you're the one who broke into my office"

"I don't have anything important today and I wanted to see you" he shrugged and she remained silent, she wasn't free any day, how could he.

"I have work, tons to do" she frowned.

"I'll help"