Chapter 3

Someday we will look back at all the progress we've made and be so glad we didn't give up.
-Unknown

•••••

Standing in front of ,the now, her company, Leila smiled widely. She never thought she would Come to such day when she had her companies. Yes, she worked hard but her imagination never went this up. She was glad she never gave up in any of her down falls. Leila passed by many down falls: romantic one, emotional one, business one but still she stood on her feet again and gave herself the motivation she needed. To be alone was hard but she tried all her efforts to neglect this small reminder. For anyone, it would be hard as hell to have their downs and ups alone with no family , friends or even a lover but now she get used to it all. Leila shook her head to get rid of the thoughts and walked through the door with her head held high.

Mr. Matthew met Leila half way and they both went in the big meeting room. Today, Leila would introduce herself as their CEO and all the employees would be present. Leila entered the room with so many people in front of her, she kept her straight face to give them the formal impression. She wouldn't be easy to work with and she wanted them to know it.

"Everyone is here now but the computer programmer isn't present till now. I'll make sure he meets you in your office." Mr. Johnathan -the ex-PA for Mr. Matthew- informed her. She nodded not liking the idea of such lateness.

Mr. Matthew stood up and did a small introduction about the new situation and everyone clapped when he said Ms. Josef's name. Leila stood and gave them a formal smile and began her speech.

After everything was settled and Leila knew the names of the managers of each branch in the company, she sat in her new office reading the important papers about the company. A knock on the door interrupted her so she closed the file before her.

"Come in" she called and the door opened silently.

"Good morn-" the moment she raised her head the words stopped in his mouth. It was a shock for both of them.

Neither Leila nor Jacob thought they would meet again after all these years.

"Leila" Jacob said lowly while Leila sat still shocked from her fate to make her meet the only person she loved and the only person who hurt her hard. To hear his voice saying her name after all this period made her heart skipped a beat. It was as if the wound in her heart reopened and again started to bleed. Sure it wasn't like when they first said goodbye but it was still there.

"What are you doing here?" Leila composed posture and said. She thanked God for not sounding weak or hurt in front of him.

"I can ask you the same question." Jacob smiled and went to sit in front of her, when she didn't give any response he continued. "I work her, Leila" he sighed knowing too well she didn't forgive him even after these long years.

"Ms. Josef for you, Mr. Jacob. If you work here why didn't I see you in the meeting?" She said with her usual ruthless formal face.

"Le-" she didn't let him continue.

"I said it Ms. Josef for you, I'm not a friend here. I'm your boss" she said with so much anger coming out of her.

"I'm the computer programmer and I called when I was late" Jacob said with equal anger.

"Okay you can go now" she dismissed him and he glared at her jumping from his seat.

"What the hell Leila. Don't talk to me like I'm a dirt on your shoes" he raised his voice and that was it for Leila to break hell in his face.

"You need to known how to talk with your boss, I'm not playing here. If you don't know how to speak and respect the one who gives your salary then go out of here and never come back it's not a charity." By that Leila was yelling at him and holding the desk for support. "Don't think that because we knew each other before you would be different from other employees, you are the same as them so either you respect your boss or you go home search for someone needs a disrespectful employee to work with" Leila felt her anger and hurt from the past years towards him came out finally and she was proud of herself because she showed him how much power and strength she now had on him and how she was his boss after he left her for a shitty passion.

Seeing him in front of her now as a man working for her made her feel happy and strong. She returned the slap of his words on his face now. She was happy to show him how much he was wrong about her being clingy and with no passion. The person she was, could be a CEO of two great companies while the person he was, was just a man working in one of her companies.

She was glad her broken heart these years ago didn't pull her to her downfall but pushed her to be the woman she was today standing in front of the person who hurt her and hurt him with much force and made him see how tiny he was in front of her.

Jacob was shocked , he doubted the woman in front of him to be the same girl he left; because she was too weak to be anything. He told her that in her face and she threw the same words in his face now. She made him feel like a shit on her shoes and a single ineffective person in one of her company. He heard a lot about the Ms. Josef but he never knew she was the same weak and shy Leila he left behind; to walk in his passion's way. He admitted to himself that he now regretted what he said and how much he hurt the little innocent shy girl who now became like a monster to others who just thought talking back to her.

Jacob looked her direction one last time and left her office with his head falling on his chest from shame , embarrassment and regret.

•••••

One Leila : Zero Jacob 👏💃✌