Chapter 28

We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
-Maya Angelou.

•••••

Jacob went back to Egypt after his short break with the people he used to see everyday, it was the most effective travel he had ever had, it was the bell that reminded him to think about himself and how to please it. The words of Yusuf kept replaying in his head and he was determined to find the answer, he was determined to analyse every step and feeling he would pass by. His new job wasn't as hard as it was with Leila so it was relaxing especially for someone who loved his profession with all his heart like Jacob did. Being so busy with his work, his cousins decided to go out for a reunion with him on his weekend. The cousins and their friends went out in some known café and there he found Rania among the crowded table. He wanted to talk with her but was hesitant as he didn't want her rejecting him again so he just accidentally sat on the chair beside her, she was in a heated conversation with Nisreen and didn't notice him. He waited silently till their conversation came to end after quite a long time.

"I thought you don't go out with anyone." he said surprising her with his presence making her jerk her head towards him.

"I didn't say that," she said challenging him when he raised his eyebrows she sighed "I told you not with strangers or people I'm not comfortable with."

"How can you break the wall of being strangers if we don't talk?"

"What about not wanting to break this wall in the first place." she huffed looking straight away from him.

"Playing hard to get?" He mused with a smirk.

"I don't need to play , dear, 'cause I am hard to get for you."

"I like your confidence." he chuckled.

"Look! We are two different people with different ways of thinking, culture and beliefs" she didn't say any other word because he cut her off quickly.

"What are you talking about, Rania! We may have different ways of thinking but we still are with same culture and beliefs." she laughed surprising him.

"You think?" She looked directly in his eyes "you lived your life in different country with different people thinking with different ways, you may think this whole new experience is funny or interesting to live her with your family or to supervise people in your job just because in your CV you worked in a well known foreign company. The people here are so amazed with you, but I am not. You lived your life seeing women in different perspective, they maybe friendly there but here , not all of them are friendly including me which makes you more interested to have a challenge but I'm not going to give up for your entertainment , I respect my religion, family and self to not allow you in my life when you so obviously don't intend to make it official." She said and stood from her chair leaving him to think about her words, ignoring all the calls from her friend after her. She was right to be straightforward and to tell him off, she kept reassuring herself all the way to her home.

Was he after the challenge of the different girl or was it different kind of attraction he didn't feel before and couldn't describe?!

•••••

Leila was on the so called date with Yusuf as his brother put it the other day, she decided to give him a chance and she was willing to keep her word so they ,the two rich business people, went on a date. You may thing rich people then they would go to an expensive restaurant or something like any rich people do usually but the only condition Leila put to accept going out with him was to make it natural, simple and enjoyable. For her simplicity was the key to her heart after all she wasn't some spoiled brat who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth , she was normal and she liked keeping it like that.

Here came the problem for Yusuf he wasn't used to go out with girls and didn't know what they might love in the category of 'natural' ,'simple' and 'enjoyable' , he was stuck like a gum in a shoe not knowing what to do but thought about funfair but then they were quite old for such thing, a restaurant wasn't an enjoyable thing too then an idea popped in his head , okay it didn't popped 'cause he saw the place during the advertisement on the TV when he was thinking.

He called Leila and told her to get ready their date would be in an hour and to dress casual. He grinned to himself "natural, simple , enjoyable. Check , check and check" he said out lout to his reflection making a check mark on the air with his finger. If someone had seen him he would say what a retard, but he didn't care.

Honking impatiently in front of her house was a crazy idea since she had neighbours out there surrounding her from every angle and they were annoyed by his loud honks in such peaceful hour. He found Leila running from the building like a teenager escaping from her parents and closing the zipper of her jacket on the way with her hair flying in front of her eyes hiding her face. He smiled at the sight. Sure business attires didn't give her credit she was made for jeans and casual.

"What with the noise Mister, there are people around here too who get annoyed. You're not some immature teenager , act your age." She scolded once she entered the car and he couldn't help the grin that crept on his face. Clothes don't change people after all. Same bossy Leila. He thought.

"Well, hello to you too." He drove fast in one go making her fly almost hitting the dashboard with her hair flying everywhere.

"Tell me that you planned on killing me no need for the horrible date excuse" she said patting her hair down but he ignored her focusing on the road. "So where are you taking me?" She asked after rearranging her hair and clothes. Still he ignored her so she gave up with a sigh.

After some time the car came to a halt and he went out silently opening her door, she kept looking around her at the strange place for their date but kept quiet.

He walked with her looking around with a secret smile which she didn't see. "Okay, hurry up." He said and walked towards the elevator.

"What are we doing in your company at this time when all the employees were gone long time ago?" She asked when he hit the upper floor.

"Be patient" she only huffed. Once they reached their destination he took off running , she was so surprised that he had to yell for her to follow him. He was also wearing casual with a comfortable vans making it easier climbing the outer stairs to the top roof. Leila also ran feeling a rush of adrenaline when she saw him climbing the outer stairs which made them running on thin kind of stairs in, the chilly air, of a tall building.

"I feel like I'm flying" she laughed and he was already grinning from ear to ear standing on the top roof.

"Oh come on, you slow snail" he teased making her move faster on the stairs with the winds blowing her hair and her eyes twinkling. She reached him and narrowed her eyes. "I'm not slow you ran before me, cheater" she lamely defended herself and the both ran to the edge, where a telescope was fixed there for them to enjoy the sky and the ground.

"Wow!" He said looking at the tiny world under them.

"Yeah! It's like we are on the clouds" she whispered as if talking loud would disturb the view and the moment. "Best date anyone can have, thank you" she looked at him smiling.

"No thank you for bringing that kid in here out again" he said putting his hand on his heart.

•••••

How is the chapter? The date?

Wish you like it ;)

Don't forget to:

Vote

Comment 💬

Share 👫

Have a nice day.
Love you❤.