Chapter 8

Sarah started looking in the vacant jobs for a beginner designer , she was on the verge to lose hope , all the places were for experienced designer not a beginner, when one advertise caught her attention it didn't have any condition except for having a degree in designing she took the number written and called immediately.

After a period of time and countless tries to have a reply, she heard a male voice greeting her in a formal way and she sighed in relief.

"Hi, I called to know how could I apply for the vacant job!" Sarah said politely.

"May I know your name Ms.?" The man asked and she told him. "Okay, Ms Sarah you can come tomorrow at 10:00 am sharp to have your application and interview and please don't forget you CV." He said and she said a quick 'okay' then she hanged up feeling hopeful all again.

After writing the CV ,which was empty anyway, She stood on her bed to choose an outfit for tomorrow from her clothes which were scattered all over the bed, floor and chair. Being 25 and sitting at home most of her life , didn't change her childish ways in choosing her outfits or eating or anything in her life, as her mother always said to her she didn't know how she would be responsible for a home, husband or kids.

•••••

Leila was interviewing from 8 am that morning the designers who came for the vacant job and still the list continuing. The opportunity to work in her company wasn't one to miss and everyone who had the one condition they wanted went running to fill an application before the opportunity go away. Leila looked at her watch it read 9:55 and she sighed , there was another one in five minutes, for now she made over four interviews. She drank her cold juice to prevent her body from dehydration after all the talking she did and all the applications she read. There were a lot of good people and she was nonplused. A knock on the door cut her last sip of the cold juice and she put the glass with a look of longing to finish it but the person opened the door slowly making her straightened in her seat with a last look to the glass she looked at the person to see a beautiful young lady in her twenties with a look of adoration on her face and a slightly widened eyes making Leila knew that it was her first interview in her life. Leila looked at her remembering Mr Smith and how she was determined to impress him. Leila cleared her throat when the lady remained in her place looking at her surrounding, the lady snapped her eyes to Leila and her face flushed from embarrassment. Sarah at that moment knew that her first impression wasn't a good one so she straightened her back and stalked to the boss's desk. She was amazed by the classy furnished office of the CEO and when she saw she was a women she was more amazed than before.

"Take a seat ms...?" Leila said stretching her arms to take the CV instead she found the lady's hand in hers for a handshake. Leila was now sure it was her first interview.

"Sarah" when she left Leila's hand she saw an amused look on her face and she found her arms still stretched.

"The CV ,Ms Sarah" Leila said and immediately Sarah gave her the almost empty file.

"I see it's your first time" Leila commented quietly. It wasn't meant to be answered but Sarah confirmed the statement anyway. Leila smiled and again remembered herself when she wanted to be employed in a big company in her first job. After all, compared to the others Sarah was with zero experience but how could she get it without a chance to work. Those were Leila's thoughts before she closed the file and put it beside her.

"I don't have anything to see if you're qualified to work in this big company tell me why should I choose you from all the qualified designers I just had an interview with and still will have in the coming hours?"

Sarah gulped , it wasn't like she didn't expect that question it was only different from how her mind imagined. The tension was bigger than she thought. She was right Sarah was with no experience compared to others.

"You're right I'm not qualified like others but still I believe that I can be better than them one day but if I get a chance"

"Aren't you a bit arrogant when you have nothing?" Leila asked amused with the sudden confidence the lady got.

"It's not arrogance , I believe it's confidence and valuing myself. When I was in college I always did my work with every fiber in me even when I knew I wouldn't be working one day and still I got high degrees. The only difference between me and them is that I didn't work immediately after graduation but still I believe I deserve a chance. Being traditional can also bring you the required qualification. In my opinion , to judge me you have to see my work not my file" Sarah said with confidence she didn't know from where it came but she felt satisfied with her self even if she didn't get the job , she was happy with the experience. With the mask face of Leila Sarah couldn't build what was happening inside her mind.

Leila was amused a d satisfied with Sarah's reply, maybe she didn't have an experience but she had a great mind and opinion. She said it all. Leila wanted to give the determined lady an opportunity to impress her.

"Ms Sarah I see you have a great mind I wish you have a creative mind too. I'm waiting to be impressed." Leila said and drank the last sip in her glass which was now warm and useless but when she sensed a presence still sitting in place she looked up again to see a confused face looking at her. Snapping her fingers in front of Sarah Leila got her attention.

"What do you mean?" Sarah asked not believing her ears.

"I don't like slow employees or repeating my words , Ms Sarah. You are employed I'm expecting to see you tomorrow at 9 am sharp don't be late I don't tolerate lateness" Leila said slowly to the confused Sarah and the look of happiness , confusion , determination made Leila believe in Sarah.

Sarah was happy to have such opportunity that she wanted to dance and jump around like a 5 years old girl going to school for the first time but still afraid from the new environment but she also was determined to impress her new boss and make her words true.