Chapter 6

He thought she forgot him.
She thought he moved on.
And each one of them was waiting for the other to talk.

•••••

Her words were like a reminder for both of them. They sure hurt Jacob , he ,in the first place, wasn't meaning it heartily so when Leila shot the come back of not being his friend anymore he felt embarrassed and somehow hurt. He knew she didn't forgive him but he didn't know she hated him to this extant. As for Leila, she felt the need to say them, she wasn't only telling him but also her heart, she didn't want anything to make them friends again , she didn't want the risk of it. After all, they were friends first before being lovers.

After a long silence everyone was consumed in their own thoughts, eating their small lunch quietly, the break was up and Jacob went again to his work thinking of how his selfish old self got him to lose someone like Leila as a good friend. If anyone asked him about his breakup with Leila , he wouldn't be ashamed to say that he didn't regret it but if you asked him about their friendship he would express how sorrowful he was to turn their friendship into love and to break their friendship after the breakup.

In most of times you'd need a friend not a lover, the problems coming between friends is less complicated than those between couples in many ways. Leila wished to have a friend but it was too late to regret such decision. The decision of closing her heart even for new people not just those who could love her in any other way.

•••••

"What's up, mate?" Tony, Jacob's coworker and best friend said popping in Jacob's office.

"Fine" Tony felt the distaste of the word spitting out of his friend's mouth and straightened in his seat.

"Sounds like a girl's fine! What happened?" Tony teased.

"You know who's the new boss!" Jacob pointed.

"Yeah, The Great Ms. Josef" Tony said amazed , she was an idol for those who loved success and powerful people.

"Remember the girl I told you about, in college?" Jacob continued.

"The one you left for college!" Tony said without thinking making Jacob wince at the words. He seemed like a jerk even to his ears.

"What a beautiful mouth , Tony" Jacob sarcastically said.

"You know me mate, I don't sugarcoat my words" Tony said chuckling. "Anyway , what about her. Why remember her after all the years?"

"She's the same 'Great Ms. Josef' you slow ..." Jacob said leaving the insult to imagination.

"No way, that is absolutely interesting" Tony said making Jacob surprised.

"How come this is anything good?" Jacob asked irritated.

"She will take advantage from her position and make you hate the day you were born in." Tony said excitedly like a child interested with a new toy making Jacob roll his eyes at his idiotic friend.

"You're mental. Get out of my place you good for nothing friend" Jacob said shooing him with his hand.

"No you love me" Tony mimicked a girls voice and they both laughed. It was the most funny part of their friendship when they sit and humiliate the girls' way of talking, eating and living in general.

"Let's go out with the boys tonight to get your head of your ex" Tony said and Jacob agreed. After Tony got out , Jacob focused again on his work thinking of what Leila could do like Tony suggested. It wouldn't be something bad, would it? He wondered.

•••••

Jacob was playing videogames with his mature friends as in they were married, engaged or even fathers, when his phone rang so he paused the match despite the cries of protest from his friends. Snatching his phone from the nearby table he groaned when he saw who was the caller. 'Sarah', the past few days when Leila came to the picture ,Jacob had forgotten about his fiancée. Yes, he had a fiancée who he didn't share any feelings with and was engaged to please his mother and shut her mouth about having grandchildren before she die scenario only.

"Yes" that was his reply to his fiancée who he didn't call for a whole week when they were just engaged for only a month including that week.

"Wow, missed you too." Sarah said sarcastically.

"What's wrong Sarah I'm busy now" he rudely said and slapped his friend's hand from his joystick.

Sarah heard the laughter of men on the other side and knew he was truly busy but with his friends. Sarah was attracted to Jacob before and when he asked her hand in marriage she was on cloud nine but unfortunately she knew that he wasn't feeling the same.

"Busy as in playing and laughing with your friends. I'm your fiancée for only a month and you treat me as an old photo in your drawer." Sarah said and Jacob rolled his eyes huffing.

"Sarah.." He tried to dismiss her but she cut him off.

"You for a week didn't think to call me see how I was doing and don't say you were busy this excuse got old Jacob. If you are like this now can you tell me how would you treat me after I live with you under the same roof , I'm afraid you'll forget about having a wife" Sarah said all in one breath and Jacob had left his friends to talk in quieter place and to make sure his friend didn't hear how Sarah was talking to him.

"Sarah, calm down and talk slowly" he sighed "and if you want we can go out on the weekend"

"I'm not talking about one day Jacob , I'm talking about the whole idea of ignoring my presence" Sarah knew that this 'go out' would be like the others before and if she didn't tell him he would forget again about him.

"Okay, we can go on the weekend and talk there, Sarah, now I'm with my friends can we please talk later" Sarah huffed knowing that she was talking to herself all the time and hung up after saying a tired 'Ok'. Jacob pocketed his phone and went again to his friends as if nothing had just happened or as if his fiancée wasn't angry or disappointed in him.

•••••

Sorry for the late update I had writer's block for long.

I wish you enjoy this till the coming one ;)

New cast: Jennifer Lawrence as Sarah.