Chapter 21

And if you focused in her eyes, you'll find maps to her heart.
A good song, a comfortable place, a scent she admires and those people she loves would be somewhere there.

•••••

"Yusuf, stop here" Leila exclaimed suddenly when she was with him to have lunch. It was now a habit that they would have lunch together , Leila decided to open up a little and live it a bit, it'd been a while since she left her work for some fun.
Yusuf stopped the car confused and worried at the same time.
"Wha--" he couldn't get to finish it when Leila exited the car and went to an old lady trying to feed a dog but she was finding difficulty in bending down to reach its mouth. The dog was barking from hunger it was obvious the dog was with no one but a street one.

"Here, let me help" Leila offered her hand and the lady smiled widely. She was quite a modest old lady with a flowy skirt , shirt and a small veil. She gave Leila the food from her bag and Leila bent easily feeding the dog with a content smile. Leila always loved dogs, cats and any kind of pets but she was afraid if she buy one she would have to neglect it due to her work and continuous business trips. The dog barked now happily , wiggling its tail waiting for more food.

It was quite a sight for Yusuf and his attraction towards Leila increased if it was possible

After that Leila smiled at the dog , patting its head then looked at the old lady with a kind smile.

"May Allah bless you, my dear. Your like are few now days." She praised , praying for Leila.

"Oh I didn't do anything" Leila brushed it off humbly.

The lady patted her head lovingly and prayed for her more. Whenever Leila reserve such blessings from old people she would feel happy and satisfied as if God send those people to calm her heart and tell her she wasn't alone.

"So Miss Josef, you finished being good or not? I'm starving here." Yusuf snapped her from her thoughts.

"Party killer" she grumbled under her breath but he heard it and chuckled.

"Let's go" he went first and opened her door to her.

Their lunch was as usual exciting as they talked and exchanged the topics.

"What do you wish to do other than work? Something that makes you feel young and free!" He asked.

"Well.. A good song, a dance at midnight, a comfortable place without anyone, a scent of flowers, a day off" she said the last one and they both laughed.

"Working business all the time sucks" he made a face and she laughed again. It was the most time she would laugh whenever they were together, sometimes when she think about it, it seemed that she was about to forget what laughing was from how serious her life got after her parents died.

"So. Who is this brother of yours?"

"Yahya? He's my younger brother, we work together but I'm the CEO cause I'm older and more experienced."