Chapter 9

Don't lose yourself in the process of loving others.
Don't get lost within yourself in the process of finding people.
Because at the end, it's only you. You either love it and live in peace or live uncomfortable all time.

•••••

         It had been a week and no one knew anything about the other.

Sarah didn't know she was in the same place as Jacob everyday.

Leila didn't know that her new designer was in an official relationship with her ex-lover.

Jacob didn't know that Sarah's first job was in the same company as him because he was always too uninterested in the details she was telling him that he didn't ask her anything about her new job and she was too tired to be her clingy self and pour her heart to him because she finally persuaded herself that he wasn't interested in her life as she thought.

But being in the same place and not crossing paths was unusual especially when you are the boss or the new designer or the late programmer in the same new project. Leila was revising the important papers she would sign for the new advertisement , when Jacob knocked the door and came in anyway without permission. Being tired from all the bickering , Leila didn't comment and waited for him to finish what he wanted and go away from her office. It was , to her, as if God had put all the times they should have met in one go. They didn't meet for years and now she was seeing him everyday. How lucky!

"What do you want?" She sighed and closed the file of papers in front of her.

"You didn't tell me how you find my work" he crossed his arms waiting for her praising his work. As if.

"I didn't check it yet. Now go away" she dismissed him already tired from seeing only his face.

"What?" He exclaimed making her frown from the surprise of his high voice.

"Lower your tone Jacob I'm your boss" she scolded.

"You made me do it alone in a short period but didn't check it. It was the worst days of my life" he exclaimed but in lower voice than before.

"I can do what I want I don't need to explain myself. Now go" she again dismissed him huffing.

"You-" he was cut off by a knock on the door. Leila said a quick 'come in' and the person opened the door slowly.

"Ms. Josef, I find a new idea. What do you think of this" Sarah said looking in her file then went to put it in front of Leila.

"Sarah, what are you doing here?" A surprised Jacob said making Sarah turn on her heels surprised as well.

"Jacob?" She raised her brows "what are you doing here?"

"You know each other?" Leila asked.

"Yes, he's my fi--" Jacob cut Sarah quickly.

"That's non of your business, Ms Josef. I believe you don't have to know who knows who from your employees."

"You still need to respect me, Jacob" Leila gritted her teeth not liking his tone. "You're a hopeless case, go to your work and take a permission before coming when you want anything" Leila again scolded him and dismissed him with a hard glare making him huff and close the door with much force than needed.

Leila huffed and looked at the file in front of her forgetting about Sarah being there.

"Ms Josef?" Sarah cleared her throat gaining her attention.

"Sorry about that" Leila apologized and took the design from her hand.

"So Jacob works here" Sarah asked with small voice hating that she didn't know till now.

"Isn't that obvious?"

"Yeah, sorry"

"Never mind so you know him!" Leila asked

"Yes, he's my fiancé" Sarah said shocking Leila

"What?" Leila exclaimed not believing her ears he didn't tell her. What a jerkShe thought.

"Is there any problem?" Sarah was confused as to why the two of them reacted like that. Jacob not wanting her to know and her being shocked by that news. Sarah was worried that there might be something she didn't know.

"No I'll check on that and send you my opinion" Leila dismissed her composing herself

Sarah left the office confused and wanting answers but who would answer them then she found Jacob waiting for her.

"What are you doing here Sarah?" He asked with furry in his eyes.

"I work her" she answered plainly

"Why didn't you tell me or did you plan this?"

"What nonsense , Jacob, I didn't know you work here except few minutes ago are you insane! Plus I did tell you but you don't pay attention to whatever I say so.." She shrugged carelessly.

"The hell with this" he said and gave her his back and went away to his office.

"What a jerk!" Sarah muttered under her breath and went to continue her work.

•••••

I don't know what should I do in the rest of the story but I already hate Jacob for playing with there hearts.

Thanks for the support beautiful people. ❤

Vote

Comment 💬