Chapter 27

"Love isn't supposed to be easy."

•••••

"That was strange." Yusuf said when he sat down with Leila on their table after congratulating the couple.

"It's like the old carefree Jacob." She said absentminded.

"Who was he?" Yusuf couldn't help the curiosity to know that person who Leila knew too much.

"Huh?" She asked still in her daze of what happened , she didn't realize that she talked out loud in the first place. She looked at Yusuf when he remained silent and she knew what he was talking about.

"His name is Jacob, he was working in my company"

"It seemed to be more than just working in the company, who was he to you really?." He remembered that time when he barged into her office as if it was his and talked with her as friends do.

"We were friends in highschool" she shrugged.

"And?" He insisted, she huffed.

"Okay, we were friends and we loved each other then broke up. But that was in the past we are trying to avoid the tension when talking together now"

"Oh!" So he was the one who Leila loved and didn't want to love anyone after, that was what came in Yusuf's mind, he didn't know what to say or what to do, from what he saw , Leila was so collected when talking about Jacob as if their past didn't affect her anymore.

"Don't oh me , Yusuf. Say what you think" she narrowed her eyes at him , sure he would feel awkward after knowing and would start doubting himself. "I don't love him anymore that was childish kind of love like a normal teenager." She added and smiled when she saw the relief on Yusuf's face, she was right he doubted himself.

•••••

"Did you see his grin , it's creepy." Sarah said.

"Yeah, right. It's like new Jacob than the one who was about to hit me in the face just because I stood in his face."

"I thought he was playing games when we talked before , then he travelled and now that. He really is happy for us then" Sarah smiled and Malik grinned in return.

"Yeah, I wish he finds his true love."

"Me too" their talk then was cut by other person congratulating them.

•••••

"Leila!" Jacob called for her and went to sit with her and Yusuf "how are you?"

"I think that's what I should ask after being so friendly with your ex" she narrowed her eyes at him and he laughed.

"Sarah is still a family friend though and honesty I'm happy for them, Malik truly loves her and I could've never made her this happy so I'm happy"

"I'm happy to see you like this again, friend" Leila smiled and he shot her a genuine smile.

"I can say the same" he looked towards Yusuf then to her again. Yusuf cleared his throat to avoid the awkwardness of talking about his and Leila's relation.

"I'll make a call" he excused himself with his lame excuse and went away.

"You love him?" Jacob surprised her with the sudden question.

"Not till now but I know I will, he's good" she said looking at where he left.

"I wish you the best , Leila." The honesty of Jacob creeped her out but she was trying to mask it.

"So you will still travel again?"

"Yeah, new job and I need to leave a good impression."

"Oh! So now you need a good impression and with me you got on my nerves." She glared playfully.

"Hell yeah, you can't boss me around little one" he said using the old nickname she hated because he was older by only few months.

"Don't remind me of this stupid nickname, Jake." she huffed and he smiled, sure their friendship was on her way to return like before.

"It's true though" he smirked and she huffed again.

"Anyway, what do you want I'm sure you aren't her to know if I loved him or not" she raised her eyebrows and he sighed , he always was an open book to her.

"I wanted to know if you loved him though" he muttered.

"Why?" She frowned confusingly.

"I wanted to know what it is like!"

"What is it?"

"Love. I want to know what love is, what the feeling is , how to know it , I'm so confused" he said defeated, wishing to have the solid answer he wanted.

"It's not the thing that you can question, buddy" and that was from Yusuf who came but they didn't notice.

"What are you a mouse, when did you come?" Jacob scoffed gaining a frown from Leila and a laugh from Yusuf.

"As I was saying it's not a solid thing to have explanation" and there all his hopes came crushing in his face. Stupid mouse Jacob thought.

"I don't know what I would've done without your intelligence" he sarcastically replied a d Leila rolled her eyes at the idiot in front of her.

"You see, everyone can tell you his vision of it, no one sees it like the other person even siblings. Like someone will say it's about beauty and if you see his lover, they must be ugly in your eyes. Someone would say a partner to live your life with in peace, another will say to share your adventures together and the list goes on. It's not about how I see it it's about how 'you' see it." Yusuf said pointing at Jacob, Leila was surprised at his words it kept replaying in her head. He was right it's about your perspective, your culture, your beliefs.

"So how do you see it?"

"I don't know." Jacob said with small voice.

"Then when you discover your opinion, you can ask others to confirm yours. You have to think hard no one can fill the part in your left side with true happiness with their way of living , you have to connect your heart, soul and brain together to know what can fill this most important organ in your life and know it wouldn't be easy. "  With a smile Yusuf left Jacob to think and he blocked them and kept thinking.

What love is for him?

"So how do you see love, Mister!" Leila raised her eyebrows looking at Yusuf.

"I see it with you" he winked and Leila rolled her eyes trying to distract her cheeks from blushing. He laughed at her flushed face and said. "I feel it with the strong independent yet weak and kind girl you are , I loved you from the moment I got to work with you, serious , strong and that kind and spiritual soul of yours did the last trick."

Okay now she couldn't stop her face from flushing bright red.

Sure he had a way with words. What a successful businessman. She grumbled internally, mad at the state she was in.