Chapter 11

'She was different! She was so emotional yet too strong.. She could love you to death yet she won't tell. She could cry all night and wakes up as pretty and strong as she can'

•••••

The celebration party was a grand one , no doubt, it was for two powerful people after all. Leila wasn't a fan for those waste of money a d time parties but it was important now for that big event. Dalila , David and Yusuf's PA were responsible for that event. They called the press and arranged the place where it would be done, invited the important business people and put an announcement for the employees.

Leila didn't like those kind of events as she would have to buy a dress and other related things. Nevertheless , she bought an elegant black dress and heels. She was preparing herself for the party with a very simple makeup, she wasn't at all interested to put chemicals on her face but she did anyway. With her hair styled in a beautiful , elegant, styled bun she went out of her silent house and into her car.

Sarah was always too excited to attend parties and all those fancy events, she was obsessed with dressing elegant , styling her hair and putting makeup

Sarah was always too excited to attend parties and all those fancy events, she was obsessed with dressing elegant , styling her hair and putting makeup. She chose a beautiful white dress with a styled chiffon in the middle of her chest. Her hair was in soft curls and her face was glowing with the blood red lipstick and winged eyeliner. Putting on her red pumps , she hurried outside to ride with Jacob who was already bored from waiting only for ten minutes.

 Putting on her red pumps , she hurried outside to ride with Jacob who was already bored from waiting only for ten minutes

Jacob was in a typical black suit as any other man who went to an event. He had a white shirt under it and a black tie. Yeah typical.

"Good evening" Sarah said to absorb some of his irritation before they reach the party.

"Good evening, why are you late, again" it was always like that, she wouldn't be Sarah without being late before any event.

"It is only ten minutes, Jacob" Sarah said innocently , pouting a little.

"Ten minutes? You mean 20 minutes, Sarah. What were you doing before I call, please don't tell me you started dressing when I called."

"What! you called only 30 minutes before you came I was already dressed" she said smugly.

"Then why were you late for God's sake for twenty freaking whole minutes?" He asked in disbelief. Those 30 minutes, he could shower and dress but who he was talking about. She was Sarah or at that point , she was a woman.

"I was putting my pumps on and only rechecking my makeup and hair" she said innocently suppressing a smile.

"Oh God. Women" at that she chuckled silently covering it with a cough.

At the party, Yusuf and Leila were making small talks with different people who were congratulating them and wishing them more success.

Then it was time for the press to participate in such day. Everyone was asking what would make a bomb the next day in his journal, magazine or online talks. Leila was busy as well as Yusuf answering a lot of unimportant questions like those who asked about if there was a personal relation between the two , which made them both suppress an eye roll or a hilarious laugh. Everything for those gossip lovers was about relationships not business or important useful things.

There were a lot of cameras clicking and flashing in their eyes which irritated Leila that she dared to tell them that there was no picture to be taken until they finish their talk which was a grateful move for both of them.

After that, the photo session began making Leila want the ground to open and swallow her from exhaustion. When the guards came and took the press out Leila wanted to hug each one of them for rescuing her.

"I took shots more than I'd ever had in my whole life" Yusuf sighed in a low voice which wasn't meant to be heard but Leila heard.

"I agree. They are such idiots, to be honest" Leila complained making Yusuf chuckle at that.

"You're absolutely right, Ms. Josef. What's important would come if they write about us or not. Nonsense" Yusuf agreed.

"Hats off, Mr. Ryan" Leila raised an imaginable hat with a mocking bow.

"Just because you're a beautiful lady you can call me by my name" Yusuf joked and Leila laughed

"What a flirt I got myself partnered with here!" Leila playfully said and they both continued their talk while walking to get something to drink.

Jacob was looking at Leila and Yusuf with envy. He envied Yusuf that he could make Leila laugh and joke around while he only angered her by his mere presence. Jacob wasn't sure why he was interested , after all  his fiancée was beside him in all her beauty. Sometimes , Jacob felt as if he was destined to know the beauty of what he had after it had gone like now, he envied Yusuf when he was one day in his place. He didn't love Sarah but he wouldn't leave her. He sometimes just couldn't understand his mind and his wants. Jacob sighed and rubbed his eyes tiredly. He needed help and he would seek it.

Opening her eyes he found Leila and Yusuf few meters far and his eyes met Leila's. It was a scene like those of movies when the hero and heroin both stood with their different lovers in front of each other and their eyes met and there was a look of overlapped emotions and feeling. Maybe it was a look of reminiscence. No one could know except them. Sarah noticed Leila and made a move to greet her with Jacob still nailed to his ground not cutting the eye contact with Leila. She looked beautiful with her hair up and natural makeup which lightened her beautyJacob thought.

How he wished to know what was happening to him.

•••••

Don't forget to:

Vote

Comment 💬

New cast:  Jake Gyllenhaal as Yusuf Ryan.