Chapter 25

Bella POV
EDITED

I ran out of the room as fast as I could go. I couldn't believe my eyes. My own husband is cheating on me.

I looked behind me to see him and Maria following me. Maria suddenly stopped and Alec caught up to me. He grabbed my arm to stop me from moving anywhere.

"Bella, I'm so sorry. I can explain." Alec pleaded with me.

"Explain what? It was pretty obvious to me that you were cheating on me. There is nothing to explain." I snapped at him.
"Please, just let me tell you why." He begged me. I couldn't see the harm in letting him tell me why he cheated, so I nodded for him to go ahead.

Alec POV

I took a deep breath, before I started talking.

"Two years ago, while I was away on a business trip, I found Maria. When I looked at her, she was the most beautiful person I had saw but I shook off those feelings because I had you. I also had to remember the Volturi name and what she had done in her past." I paused to look at Bella's face and it had no emotions at all, so I continued.

"I came back to Volterra and continued my job as a guard but I couldn't forget Maria. I had fallen out of love with you a couple of weeks after I had returned but I just couldn't tell you, so I kept it to myself. A year later I saw Maria again and she told me she loved me so we started to have an affair. By then, I had already worked out that Maria was my mate. I knew that I had to tell you soon because you have your mate, Edward." I finished.

When I looked at her face, it held two emotions; heart broken and determination. I knew why she was heart broken but I didn't know why she was determined. Before I could say anything she ran off. I decided not to follow her and instead turn around as Maria approached.

---------------------------

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm also sorry that it is short. Anyway, I've gotta go and start working before I get in trouble.

Enjoy, vote and comment

Courtney