12

( THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME )

DEAN'S ROOM
[ ☾]

        Dean carries Charlie to his bed and lays he down. "Charlie?" He wipes the hair out of her face. "Charlie?" He starts to panic. "No!"

       Sam yells from the hallway. "Dean!" He yells and Dean whips around. "Zeke!" Sam enters the doorway but immediately his eyes flash blue and Ezekiel is there. "You have to help her."

       "She's gone." Ezekiel says.

        "No. You can bring her back like you did with Cass." Dean says.

       "I cannot keep doing that."

       "Why the hell not?!" Dean asks.

       "I am barely back to half-strength, Dean. Every time I use my power, it weakens me, which means I will have to stay in your brother longer than you want–longer than we both want." Ezekiel says. "The witch running around your bunker is very powerful. I can help with the witch or save your friend."

      "Save her." Says Dean.

      "As you wish." He approaches Charlie and lays two fingers on her forehead. She gasps and sits up as Ezekiel falls to the ground unconscious.

       "Merry Christmas."

       "Charlie?" Dean asks.

       "Uh. Hey, I know you."

       "I told you to stay in the dungeon." Dean says.

       "Bet you say that to all the girls." Charlie says as Sam jolts awake.

       "Dean?"

       "Sammy?" Dean yells.

       "What the hell just happened?" Asks Sam.

       "The witch–the witch was about to put a whammy on me, and, uh, Charlie jumped in front. She got zapped, then the witch got the drop on you."

       "Then why aren't we dead?" Sam asks.

       "That's a good question. I, uh–I clipped her with a–with a poppy bullet." Dean says. "She got the key. I think she's gone." Dorothy enters.

       "No. She's wounded. We should still have some time. She could still be in the air vents." She says. Charlie tries to get up from the bed but is still woozy.

       "No. No, no. She's right. We–we have to–we–" Charlie starts.

       Dean steadies her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa." He says.

      "Just go. We'll catch up." Dorothy says as Charlie gestures to Sam.

       "M-my gun's over there. There's one bullet in it." She says as Sam grabs the gun and the brothers leave. "Can we be best friends now?" Charlie asks Dorothy. The boys are in the hallway looking for the Wicked Witch.

       "Who's Zeke?" Sam asks.

       "What?" Asks Dean.

       "When I came into your room, before I got zapped, I thought you said the name Zeke." Sam says. "Who's that?"

       "Um... I think you're still a little punchy, man. Just keep moving."

DEAN'S ROOM
[ ☾]