19

( BAD BOYS )

HURLEYVILLE, NEW YORK

BARN
[ ☾]

        Two kids are running outside. "Aah! Wait up!" Kid 1 says.

       "He's right behind us." Kid 2 says. "Come on, come on! Hurry!"

       "Go, go, go – it's open!" The kids run into a barn.

       Timmy, a kid with glasses, run up to them. "Come on, guys. The barn is a no-fly zone during hide-and-go-seek." He says. A Man's voice is overheard.

       "Boys? Come on, you delinquents. Time for bed!" The Man comes in to barn. "All right! Game is over, boys! Let's bring it in!" He looks for kids. "Lights out was 10 minutes ago!" The Man shines his flashlight around, looking for the kids. "You little bastards. Okay, I'm gonna..." He gets spooked a little by a breeze and an eerie supernatural sound. "You got till the count of 10, and you'd better come out or the belt's coming off! One ... Come on!"

        The Man's flashlight is flickering and dying. He hits it to try to get it to work again. The tractor/forklift suddenly starts to turn on. Its lights flip on.

       "Boys?" He calls out. "Come on! This isn't funny."

        The tractor/forklift starts moving toward the Man. He backs up, away from the tractor, but falls and lands on his back. The tractor is still coming on; the Man scrambles backward. The tractor continues to head towards him.

       The Man gets to his feet and keeps backing up, until he's backed up against a wall. The forklift lifts as the tractor continues to advance towards him. He screams, and the camera cuts to the exterior of the barn—where the forklift has pierced through the wall, and presumably impaled the man inside the barn.

SUPERNATURAL

BUNKER LIBRARY
[ ☼ ]

        "Dean?" Sam calls out. "Kevin?" He heads for some of the library bookshelves, and pulls a book off the shelves—The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum. Other books on the shelf include Joseph Conrad's Lord Jim. He picks it up, looks at it speculatively and with a sort of sense of anticipation, sits down to read it, opening it up to the beginning.

        His phone starts buzzing and he looks annoyed. Sam sets the book aside and reluctantly gets up to get the phone. He looks but doesn't recognize the number. "Hello?" He asks. Dean enters the room from behind having presumably also heard the cellphone buzzing. "I'm sorry, there's no, uh ˜ there's no Dee-dawg, uh..."

       Dean grabs the phone. "I got it, I got it." He takes the phone. "Sonny, hey. So what's up? Okay. All right. Yeah, just sit tight. I'll be there as soon as I can. Yeah." He hangs up.

        "So, what was that all about, 'Dee-dawg'?" Asks Sam.

        "You remember when we were kids that spring in upstate New York? Dad was on a rugaru hunt." Dean says. "We, uh – we crashed at the, uh ... the bungalow colony with the ping-pong table?"

       "Yeah. Uh, y-you disappeared. Dad came back. You were gone." Sam says. "He shipped me off to Bobby's for a couple months and went and ... found you. You were lost on a hunt or something."

       "That's what we told you." Dean remembers as if Sam's story refreshed his memory. "Right."

        "I'm sorry? That's what you told me?" Dean asks.