22

( ROCK AND A HARD PLACE )

STREET
[ ☾]

       A young girl is seen leaving the Casey's Great Plains Diner carrying a to-go box. She locks the door behind her. She walks around the corner and sets the to-go box next to a homeless man who is asleep leaning against the wall.

       "Nighty night, Slim." She walks down the sidewalk and then pauses as she hears a low breathing behind her. She walks quicker and then looks behind her again. She rushes to her car and in her nervousness drops her keys. She crawls under her car to reach them.

       As she does she hears footsteps and decides to crawl all the way under. She pulls out her taser and turns it on. The electric light illuminates her frightened face. Suddenly the car is lifted up above her and a shadow of a person lights up in a hot blue fire.

       The unconscious girl is seen being dragged across a dirty floor. A trap door is open and she is dropped in as the hatch is slammed behind her.

SUPERNATURAL

BUNKER KITCHEN
[ ☼ ]

        Sam is fast asleep lying over the table. He is snoring. Dean enters and pours himself coffee. He grabs a bowl and slams it on the table, waking Sam up. "Hey." Dean says.

      "Hey." Sam says.

      "You okay?"

       "Yeah...uh...yeah. Just, uh...resting my head for a second." Sam says. "Um, how's Kevin? He, uh—he find anything?"

      "Uh, Jack. On about four days no sleep. He looks worse than you." Dean says.

       "Huh. What about Crowley? Um, do you think he might be lying about the whole, uh, 'Metatron's spell being irreversible' thing?"

       "Oh, Crowley lie? I do know one thing. Next time that junkie's jonesing for a hit of blood, we got leverage." Dean says as Sam still looks half asleep and yawns loudly. "Seriously, you want a pillow?"

       "No, I'm fine." Sam says.

       "You're sick."

        "No, I'm not sick. I'm just, um—I feel like my battery can't recharge." Says Sam.

        Dean's cell phone rings. He pulls it out of his pocket and answers. "Hello?" He says.

       "Hey, Dean. Jody Mills."

       "Sheriff Mills." Dean puts the phone on speaker. "Hang on. Sam's here, too."

       "Hey, Jody." Sam says.

       "Hey, Sam." Jody says. "Uh...I got a bit of an oddball to pitch your direction."

       "Shoot."

       "A small town I cover outside of Sioux Falls—only crime to speak of being the occasional cow tipping. Then last week...four people go missing."

      "All right, so, what makes you think this is our kind of weird?" Dean asks.

      "I've got a witness who says he saw someone lift an S.U.V. to nab a girl last night."

CASEY'S GREAT
PLAINS DINER
[ ☼ ]

        The Impala and parks next to Sheriff Mills truck. The boys get out and both hug the sheriff. "Sheriff. Laying off the blind dates, I hope." Dean says.