33

( GOODBYE MY BROTHER )

ABANDONED WAREHOUSE
[ ☼ ]

        Crowley speaks from the other room. "Laverne! Shirley! Get in here!" He yells as they all rush back into the room. "Pinhead's out cold, but watch this." Crowley moves two of the needles stuck in Gadreel's left temple. He sucks in a breath and starts to speak in Enochian.

        "Zir noco iad Gadreel. Zir noco iad Gadreel."

       "What's he saying?" Elena asks.

       "His name. Gadreel." Says Castiel.

       "Does that mean something to you?" Dean asks.

        "Well, it's why I've never seen him. He's been imprisoned since the dawn of time." Castiel says. "Gadreel was the sentry who allowed Lucifer into the garden."

       "My, my. A celebrity."

        "Wait, the garden? Like eden? Adam and Eve? Fig-leaves garden?" Dean asks.

        "It's his fault—all of it. The corruption of man, demons, hell. God left because of him." Castiel says. "The archangels—the apocalypse. If he hadn't been so weak, none of it would have happened." He gets white hot with anger and starts to shake the unconscious Gadreel. "You ruined the universe, you damn son of a bitch!"

        Dean grabs Castiel and swings him around to face him. "Cas! Cas! Hey!" He yells.

       "Dean, he—" Castiel starts.

        "I get it. But you got to chill." Dean says as Crowley continues to probe needles into Gadreel's head. Dean looks on. "What's taking so long?"

        "Other than the fact that I'm trying to unravel a living, multidimensional knot of pure energy, not much." Crowley says as Gadreel gasps in a breath and opens his eyes. Dean looks forward hoping it is Sam's consciousness that is speaking, but..."

        "It won't work. You will never find your brother. Go ahead. Poke and prod. I can sit in this chair for years and watch you fail over and over again." Gadreel says. "I've endured much worse than this, Dean. So...much...worse. And I have all the time in the world."

       "Shut up! All right. Plan 'B'. Cas, you got to possess him." Dean says.

       "What?" Castiel asks.

       "Do it now! Get in there, tell Sam what's going on, and help him kick that lying son of a bitch out!" Dean yells.

       "It might work. But I can't possess a vessel without permission." Cass says as Crowley clears his throat and raises his hand as a volunteer.

       "No. Not happening." Elena says.

       "Don't be daft. Demons can take what they want. I can burrow into that rat's nest of a head. I can wake Sam up. Just call me plan 'C'."

       "You can't—" Cass starts.

       "...you got a better idea?" Dean asks Castiel and turns to Crowley. "What about the angel?"

       "I'll work fast."

       "And if he finds you?" Dean asks.

       "I'll run. I'm not dying for you lot. Of course, if I do this, you're gonna have to..."

       "Take off the leash. Yeah, I know." Dean says.

       "And it stays off. I save Sam, I leave here a free man. Do we have a deal?" Crowley asks.