15

( MAN'S BEST FRIEND )

ENID ANIMAL SHELTER
[ ☼ ]

        "So, what else can you tell me about the man with the cowboy hat?" Dean asks.

         "Honestly, I couldn't see much." A Female Voice says. Dean is speaking to a Collie in the kennels. "Damn cataracts. And you know no one's going to pay for my surgery. Just another casualty of the system, I guess. I don't belong here, you know. I'm pedigreed."

        "Well, I'm sure you'll be out of here soon." Dean says.

       "Please. I'm 14."

        "Good luck... ma'am." Dean closes the door to the Collie's kennel and walks slowly away. The Dog in the next kennel speaks to him.

        "Once a day they clean these cages. Once a day!"

       "Okay." Dean says.

       "A biscuit. Just one biscuit." Another Dog says.

        "I need a Raquel Welch poster and a rock hammer."

        "I'm shaking the fence, boss. Still shaking the fence." Says Another.

       "Over here!"

       "I was framed!"

        "Over here!"

        "I'm shaking the fence, boss. Still shaking the fence!"

       Sam is standing at the end of the kennels. "Any luck?" He says.

       Dean sighs. "Hardly. And I'm not getting any clues – just a bunch of complaints." He says.

       "Hey, pretty boy. Over here." A Yorkie says.

       "Yeah, uh, sorry, pal. I'm done for the day." Dean says.

       "But I saw everything! And I'll tell you, but it'll cost you."

        "What? Are you kidding me? I'm being extorted by a dog." Dean says. "Well, what do you want, huh? What? Beggin' strips? Snausages?"

        "Bitch, please. If I'm gonna rat someone out, it's got to be worth my while. I want... a belly rub."

       "You – All right." Dean says.

       "Not from you, sweetie. From that big one." The Yorkie laughs and looks at Sam. "Over there. Hi!"

       Sam is holding the Yorkie and rubbing its belly. "Ohh, a – a cowboy hat, leather pants. The dude's a total closet case." He says.

       "Okay, what else can you tell me about the guy other than his outfit?" Dean asks.

      "Um, he was carrying a burlap sack for the cats." The Yorkie says.

      "What does he want with the cats?"

       "Ooh, attaboy, yes. Hell if I know. But he took all of them, except for the one he ate." The Yorkie says.

       "Ew." Dean says.

       "What?" Asks Sam.

       "Apparently, our guy has a sweet tooth for kitty cats."

       "Huh." Sam says.

        "Oh. Oh, and the sack had something written on it." The Yorkie says as Sam stops rubbing and shakes out his hand.