51

( MAGNUS )

KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ANTIQUITIES
[ ☾]

        Inside, two security guards are playing the card game Gin. "Gin. Again." Guard 1 says. They hear a noise but before they can check it out two columns of demon smoke come under the door and force their way down their throats. The guards eye's turn black. Guard 1 goes to unlock a vault while Guard 2 stands guard.

       Suddenly a girl walks in with a bag of takeout. "Brought you guys something for your shift." She says. Guard 2 grabs a knife from a table and cuts her throat. She falls to the ground dead.

       Hours later, the room is a crime scene. The two Guards and the girl are all dead on the floor. Police are taking pictures and cataloging evidence. The Detective on the case is talking to Sam, Elena and Dean who are there as FBI

       "I don't have much for you guys. The guards were good men. They'd been here for years—vetted, honest. But..." The Detective starts.

       "But?" Dean asks.

       "Security camera shows a research assistant caught them breaking into vault number one."

       Dean points to the girl on the ground. "That's her?" He asks.

       "Gets weirder." He shows them the security footage and it shows one security guard shooting the other one. Then the one that was just shot gets up and shoots the first guard. Then one guard shoots out the camera. "Like I said."

       "Anything special about the particular vault they opened?" Sam asks.

       "Vault number one is where they keep rare, new acquisitions while they're being examined." The Detective says.

       "So what was stolen?" Dean asks.

        "That's the kicker—nothing. The curator, Dr. McElroy, said the vault's been empty for weeks."The Detective gets called away.

       "Okay, so, just connecting the dots here—the Blade was likely put in there when it first got here." Dean says.

       "The guards were obviously demons, so... What?" Sam asks. "When the vault turned out to be empty, they killed their guard meat-suits and smoked out?"

      "And reported back to who? Abaddon?" Dean asks.

      "She's closing in."

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ANTIQUITIES[ ☼ ]

[ ☼ ]

       Sam, Elena and Dean are talking to the curator as the last body is rolled out. "So, the First Blade was never on display?" Elena asks.