Clarity

👑
Amora's P.O.V

I slowly released a shaky breath as my tired eyes settled on the golden beast that sat atop the grey clouds surrounding it. Perched on its throne the three story castle looked down at the world beneath its feet which was currently hidden behind a vale of gloomy fog.

"You don't have to be nervous Amora." William's voice quietly whispered before hesitantly placing his large hand over mine stilling its redundant action of running up and down my thigh finding a strange sense of comfort from the softness of the material of my salmon dress.

"I am fully aware of that. You are the one who's ability to rule is under question after all and I'm guessing by your clammy palm that you are the one who's nervous. I would be too if I were you." I quipped taking my hand from under his returning my gaze to the window not wanting to see his face which for a brief second had shown how stressed and anxious he truly was before his usual emotionless mask returned.

Thirty minutes passed when I  finally gave into my curiosity glancing over at William through the corner of my eyes they landed on his hands which now sat in his lap his fingers nervously fiddling with each other unaware of my gaze. His shoulders sagged a bit not quite ruining his perfect posture. His actions made me regret saying what I did for a brief second I almost gave into the urge to reach for his hand before snapping out of it pushing my feelings aside I returned my gaze to the endless blue skies which were obscured by soft grey patches.

The remainder of the flight passed us in silence as William and I were both caught up in our own thoughts. Me; silently chastising myself for being so naive. There was a part of me that felt obligated to make him feel better. To comfort the man who had repeatedly, disrespected me without care breaking my fragile heart. He; most likely either sat there thinking about his kingship or one of the many model like women who now warmed the side of the bed I once occupied.

❄️👑❄️
Later that day

"This is where you'll be staying for the duration of your stay with us. If there is anything we can do to make the room more comfortable please let us know." The pudgy grey headed man lazily mumbled his words draped thickly by his Spanish accent. "A printed copy of your schedule as well as breakfast would be brought to your room at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I hope both you and your lady get  a good nights rest." He drawled as my tired eyes wondered around the lavish room.

From the soft  blue and gold carpeting that covered every inch of the room to the intricate grey walls which were trimmed with gold molding. Two large chandlers hung from the ceiling shedding light on the Victorian style furniture that littered the room allowing them to show off their handcrafted beauty. My eyes settled on the large king sized bed that sat in the middle of the room adorned in visibly soft blue and white silk sheets causing my body to run cold at the thought of William and I sharing a bed.  The soft click of the door closing finally snapped me out of my thoughts to find William undoing his tie.

"This is not happening." I grumbled which I'm guessing he didn't hear because he continued undressing. " Please stop undressing we are not sharing a bed William." I hissed  my hand instinctively landing on my hip as my glare intensified.

"Amora." He sighed tiredly as his hands fell to his sides his blue eyes looking intently into mine.

"There is nothing you could say to me to make me sleep in the same bed with you William." I snapped trying desperately to keep my voice even.

"I'll sleep on the couch." He answered flatly shrugging before walking into the bathroom closing the door behind him leaving me completely shocked and confused. Shocked that he actually allowed me to have my way and confused as to why he didn't even have one sly remark to make about our sleeping arrangement. Choosing to blame his weird behavior on the fact that we just came off of a twelve hour flight and he's most likely just jet lagged with a shrug of my own I decided to find something to sleep in from my suitcase which sat in the corner of the room.