Chapter 3

(The dress Consort Su is wearing kind of looks like this)

'Consort Su?'  The Emperor was rather curious.

"Say, what were you doing at Consort Su's palace?"

Yin Xing Tan voice was full of suspicion.  Having all the imperial doctors in one palace was something even the empress wouldn't dare to do!

"Imperial Consort Su was having severe headache, chest pain, and her stomach was also hurting."

The imperial doctor who spoke was Physician Lu, the chief of the medicine burea. Yin Xing Tan's expression became darker.

"Summon Consort Su right now!"  Nobody knew why the Emperor was so enraged.  'Could he be worried about Consort Su's health?' This was what everyone was thinking.  Only a few minutes have passed when a voice sounded.

"Imperial Consort Su has arrived!"
An eunuch called out.

"Let her in!"
Yin Xing Tan immediately called her in. Sure enough, a woman in a red dress with a sunset and crane embroidered on it.  Looks that are so delicate that makes men yearn to protect her and a body that is so enchanting one could not pull their eyes away.  Her face looked refreshed nothing like a sick person.  Yin Yun smirks at Consort Su's appearances. 'You could have at least putted powder to make your face pale to show that you really were sick!' Yin Yun shook her head again in her heart at this Consort Su's intelligence.

"Chenqie greets the Emperor! May the Emperor live for a thousands of year!"
Consort Su performed a curtsy that one can not find any faults with.  However, she hasn't gotten up as the Emperor didn't allow her yet.

"Su Feng! Kneel now!"
Yin Xing Tan was fully enraged.  No one knew why and was curious to know what Consort Su did.  Consort Su had on a confused and panicked look that knowing what she did wrong.

"How dare you!  Keeping all imperial doctors at your palace is something not even the empress would frequently dare to do!"
Yin Xing Tan was disappointed.  He had doted on Su Feng a lot but she had become too cocky that even the empress would sometimes complain to him about Consort Su not giving her respect!

Consort Su seemed to have found out why the emperor was furious. But she had done other more daring things than this but the Emperor favored her so much that he always overlooks it. 'Why had he been angry this time?' Consort Su was still confused but didn't dare to wait until the Emperor lost his patience.

"Your majesty, Chenqie was having a fever so I called for the imperial doctors to come."
Consort Su replied smoothly but Yin Xing Tan was still angry!

"Was there a need to keep all of them?! Just one or two is enough! Because of you, Yun'er almost lost her life! Can you take responsibility for this?!"
Everyone was stunned. 'So even the favor the Emperor gave Consort Su doesn't even compare to the favor he gives for the ninth princess!' Everyone present could come to this conclusion.

"Chenqie didn't know that ninth princess was harmed. Otherwise, Chenqie wouldn't have dared!"
Consort Su was panicked right now.  She hated the ninth princess deeply now. 'If only she hadn't gotten herself poisoned, I wouldn't be in trouble right now! It's all because of her!'  Consort Su was a person who holds grudges.

"I am really disappointed in you! I  was wrong to have favored you. From now on, Consort Su will be demoted to a Talented(sixth-ranked lady)! She dared to have all the imperial doctors at her palace and have done many more daring things that have broken the customs of the palace harem! She will be caned 50 times and her salary will be halved for 1 year!"
Everyone was stunned. Caned 50 times? One will be bedridden for a month! Demoted to a Talented from a Imperial Consort? That's three ranks apart! Salary halved for a year? That's the same salary as imperial maid! Everyone have underestimated the emperor's love for the ninth princess!

"Your majesty! Please forgive chenqie! I really didn't dare to do so!"
Consort Su was frighten and begged while kowtowing on the ground. Seeing that it didn't work, she turned towards Yin Yun. After all, everyone knows that the ninth princess had a heart of gold and was too easy to persuade!