Chapter 23

Just when Elder Du's fist was about to touch Yin Yun, four men in black appeared in front of him.

These four men had their face covered with a black cloth, showing only their eyes. Elder Du could tell that their cultivation were all at the late stages of Combat King. Even if they combine their power, they're still no match for Elder Du.

The four men each took out a small pearl and crushed it. The moment it was crushed, a white light appeared, blinding Elder Du. His fist that was still outstretched touched the light and was burnt by it. Elder Du immediately flew backwards.

When the light has disappeared, the scene that Elder Du saw devastated him. His two disciples were on the ground with their skins burnt and eyes rolled upwards, looks dead but is not, their cultivations are unstable, they will probably need 1-2 years to recover. The other disciples from the sect were all on the ground with their skins burnt and their cultivation was wasted! Their cultivation level was much weaker than Fu Dan and Gu Rong in the beginning, it would be natural for them to be injured more seriously but the thought of their cultivation being wasted never occurred to Elder Du.

Looking around, Elder Du saw that the mans in black has disappeared along with the girl(Elder Du doesn't know her name).

If the sect knows of what happened today, Elder Du would be punished severely. Two geniuses from the sect has their cultivation almost wasted and the other six disciples are now crippled!

As Elder Du was panicking about what to do, two mans appeared flying on their swords. These two mans were dressed in white robes with the red moon on their chest. Their hair went to their waist and they look like they're in their thirties. These two man are both at the late stages of Combat Emperor and has been cultivating for more than 5 decades, they were twins. They are also the vice masters of the Crescent Moon sect.

These two mans were at their courtyard, drinking and chatting when an arrow shot onto the table with a note on it. The note reads:

Come to the place near the palace gates. Elder Du has crippled the disciples.

Once they read this note, they immediately flew over to see what has happened. They saw a white light coming from one of the streets and flew there. When they got there, here's what they saw:

-The two geniuses laying on the ground with their skins burnt and eyes rolled. Their cultivation was unstable.
-The other disciples were in the same conditions but their cultivations was wasted.
-Elder Du was standing there with his burnt hand.

When they saw Elder Du, they putted away their swords in their storage ring and flew down in front of Elder Du.

Ju Yin(on the left side) looked at Elder Du.

"What happened?" His voice was icy cold, freezing Elder Du's heart.

Elder Du told them everything, too afraid to exaggerate or hide some stuff. When the twins heard this, they look at Elder Du with disdain and dissatisfaction. They then call for the rescue squad to come.

A few moments later, a few dozen mans came to the scene, riding on a white crane. They were also stunned at what they were seeing.

"Take Fu Dan and Gu Rong to their rooms and have Lu Ping refine a pill for them. Do the same for the other disciples, but there's no need to refine a pill for them, just have a physician heal them of their injuries."

"Yes, Vice Master Ju Yan." They have learned how to differ the twins from each other. Ju Yin has a icy cold aura while Ju Yan has a warmer and more approachable aura.