Chapter 40

Cao Han had a complicated look.

The Coughing Thousand-Leaf allows the cultivator to live for 200 years more. The reason why it's called the Coughing Thousand-Leaf was that when someone took it, they will continually continue to cough for 1 month.

The Azure Jade Sect has two Coughing Thousand-Leafs and one Laughing Thousand-Leaf. The Laughing Thousand-Leaf grants 300 years and instead of coughing for one month, you'll laugh for one month instead.

"Sir Cao, do you not want to? If you can't give us both the Fire Tulip and the Coughing Thousand-Leaf, then we also can't give you the Abyss Ink Plant." Yin Yun saw the complicated look on Cao Han's face which led her to judge Cao Han as someone who's not willing to sacrifice anything for his loved ones. 'His uncle's death but he's still hesitating' are Yin Yun's thoughts right now.

Cao Han looks up towards Yin Yun. "Your Highness, it's not that I can't give you the Coughing Thousand-Leaf, it's like this, a few months ago, one of our elders can only live for 5 or so years, therefore, we used one Coughing Thousand-Leaf. We still have one more left but we're currently reserving it for my father. He only has around 40 years left."

Cao Han's explanation made Yin Yun learn to not judge someone so fast. However, there's still the Laughing Thousand-Leaf, why can't the Azure Jade Sect use it for Cao Han's dad instead unless it's for the headmaster.

Cao Han's eyes lost its glimmer of hope. There were only hopelessness and sadness.

"Then does your sect have both the Lucky Lotus and Winter?" Yin Yun asked.

Cao Han eyes lit up as he found hope again. His sect has both the those two!

"We do! We can definitely give that to your highness and your majesty."

"Ok, we'll be expecting those two in a few days. Father, where's the Abyss Ink Plant?" Cao Han felt so much happiness that tears formed at the edge of his eyes.

The emperor was not sure what his daughter's thinking but he still ordered his trusted servants to bring the Abyss Ink Plant from the Royal Treasury.

After carefully placing the Abyss Ink Plant, Cao Han knelt and kowtowed three times, thanking Yin Yun and the emperor, and then got up, turned around and grabbed his Senior Jiang's wrist. The two were gone in a flash. After all, Cao Han feared that Yin Yun might change her mind and ask for it back. Therefore, he left without another word.

The Azure Jade sect's matter was completed and now all that's left to take care of is the Crescent Moon Sect.

Elder Du is still kneeling on all fours, drenched cold sweats. When Yin Yun turned towards him, new sweats formed and his body lowered closer to the ground. "Your-Your highness! Please forgive this lowly person!"

The emperor shifted his body to look at Elder Du.

"What happened?"

Under the emperor's cold and sharp gaze, Elder Du found it hard to make up a lie or even breath.

When no answer was heard, Yin Xing Tan slapped the table in front of him, some scrolled reports fell off due to the force.

_____________________

New schedule-

Saturday- Completes teaser and updates one chapter.

Monday- Updates one teaser.

Monday is a school day, so I hope u guys can understand😅.