Chapter 36

Elder Du's face turned red from the embarrassment.

Amidst the laughters, the emperor spoke, "Elder Du, why would your sect need the Rebirth Flesh pill for?"

The laughter ceased to silence as they're all ears for Elder Du's explanation. Cao Han and his Senior Jiang were also listening.

"Please forgive me as I'm unable to answer you." Elder Du bowed deeply towards the emperor.

Hearing his answer, the ministers lost interest. Yin Xing Tan however felt displeasure, he knew the reason why Elder Du's group are here. Thinking about how his Yun'er didn't spare any mercy to those disciple's "thing", he felt a bit speechless.

Hearing no answer from the emperor made Elder Du lift his head up. "Your majesty?"

Realizing that Elder Du was waiting for his answer, Yin Xing Tan became annoyed. Elder Du was the one who tried to harm his precious daughter and now he even dares to come to the palace?

But it was not entirely Elder Du's fault as he didn't know Yin Yun's identity then. If he had, he would have never tried to steal from her or even competed with her in the auction house.

"Elder Du, did one of your disciple had his hand, arm, leg sliced off or... did he became dismembered?" Cao Han's hand was scratching his chin as if he was thinking deeply. But everyone knew he was taunting Elder Du.

When Elder Du hear Cao Han say "dismembered", his whole body was trembling in anger as his hands where clenched fighting in his sleeves.

However maddening this was to him, he still had to control his anger. Elder Du clearly knew who the youth before him was. Offending him was similar to offending the Azure Jade Sect since Cao Han was a core disciple and not only that he is also the grandson of the vice-headmaster.

Gritting his teeth, Elder Du politely replies to Cao Han. "Junior Han must be joking, how can our sect allow our disciple to be dismembered?" In Elder Du's mind, he was cursing Cao Han.

Cao Han could see that Elder Du is enraged right now.

"That's right, who would dare to dismember disciples from the Crescent Moon Sect?" Cao Han's voice was full of mockery.

The ministers didn't pipe in their opinions or comments on this topic. The Azure Jade Sect had always held a grudge against the Crescent Moon Sect. One of the disciple from the Crescent Moon Sect got drunk one day at a brothel and on his way home, he bumped into a female disciple from the Azure Jade Sect and seeing the female disciple's above average beauty, he forced himself on her.

That Crescent Moon's disciple was later killed when the female disciple's father requested help from an elder to get justice for his daughter. Not only was the disciple killed, his whole family was killed too, even the chickens were not spared.

(A/N: Ai, the chickens are always the victims)

This matter was know to everyone.

Elder Du felt anger rising inside of him.

A clear and pleasant voice then came from the door.

"That person who dared to do so would be me."