Chapter 48

Naturally, Yin Yun chose yes but she didn't know how to. Unsure, she reaches out and presses the yes box. However, this action of hers completely creeped Fu Ling out. All Fu Ling saw was Yin Yun reaching out with her index finger as if she was trying to touch something in mid-air. This made Fu Ling become even more worried that what she said about a mental illness may be true after all. For now, she just watches silently at Yin Yun's action.

When Yin Yun's index finger made contact with it, the words flashed and then disappeared. Confused, Yin Yun retreated her hand before reaching out frantically before a book could smash into the dishes. Her elbow had knocked over the wonton soup since a book had just suddenly appeared out of thin air towards the center of the table, it caused her to stand and reach over.

Fu Ling picked up the wonton soup dish and placed it aside as she cleans up the spill with a handkerchief. "Mistress, are you okay?" Yin Yun's abrupt action had surprised her.

"I'm fine." Yin Yun looks at the book in her hand as she sat down.

The book has a brown cover with no wordings of the such.

Fu Ling looks at Yin Yun and seeing her holding and looking at a weird looking book, it piped her curiosity, "Mistress, what is it?"

"No idea, let's see, "Yin Yun tries to open the book. The key word here is tries, for Yin Yu could not open the book. "Fu Ling, try to open it." Yin Yun hands the book to Fu Ling.

Accepting the book, Fu Ling didn't question Yin Yun. The results were the same, no matter how hard Fu Ling tried to open the book, she couldn't, it was as if the pages were glued together. "Mistress, it seems that this book can't be opened."

Fu Ling handed back the book to Yin Yun. Sighing, Yin Yun thought that somehow this book may be the key to her being able to eat and drink again. She connected this event to the peculiar world she dreamed about. Could it be that ever since dreaming about that, I'm no longer able to eat or drink? What does this mean?

She tried to open the book again but to no avail. Then she hears the ding again.

Ding!

Learning a skill book: Knock the skill book against your head.

Yin Yun went silent for a bit before being the book up to her head. She closed her eye as she lightly knocked the book against her head.

Nothing happened. Fu Ling has on a worried look on her face.

Yin Yun:...Do I need to hit harder?

Bringing the book up to her head a bit further this time, she squeezed her eyes shut as she hits the book against her head this time. Yin Yun grimaced at the pain of the collision. But nothing still happened.

"Mistress! Don't harm yourself." What Yin Yun just did, made Fu Ling's chest tighten. Fu Ling comes to stand behind Yin Yun as she checks her head for any bumps.

Currently, since Yin Yun thought she got tricked, she seriously wanted to beat up whoever's doing this to her. Then a ding sound surfaced again.

Ding!

Learning a skill book: Rest the skill book on your head.

Why did you say to knock it against my head earlier?!

Calming down, Yin Yun presses her lips together as she brought the book to her head again.

Seeing the book being raised again, Fu Ling thought Yin Yun was going to hurt herself again. She stares at the book, ready to block it if Yin Yun tried to knock it against her head again. But Fu Ling's worry wasn't needed as Yin Yun only places the book lightly on her head. What came after both surprised the two girls.

The moment the book laid against Yin Yun's head, the book flashed and then disappeared. Suddenly, Yin Yun's mouth started to water. She picked up the chopsticks and placed a meat inside her mouth. Although the meat is no longer as hard as steel, it was still very hard. Yin Yun hears the ding again as she spits out the meat with a handkerchief.

Ding!

The <Progress of Eating> skill book begins with eating as an infant. From today onwards, your intake of food progress the same as an infant.

Yin Yun stares at the words, dazed. Does this mean I can only drink milk for the first few months? This thought left Yin Yun depressed as her shoulders hunched over a bit.

Seeing Yin Yun looking depressed and sad, Fu Ling placed a hand on Yin Yun's shoulder. "Mistress, the food is getting cold."

"I don't want to eat anymore. Let the servants have it."

Fu Ling nodded and then asked, "Mistress, you seem very tired. Does Mistress want to rest a bit more?"

"Mmn." Yin Yun stood up and walks towards her chamber. There was a pause in her steps as she turns around and looks at Fu Ling. "Can you get a cup of milk for me?"