Chapter 28

At her palace, Yin Yun changed her clothes into a dress befitting a princess in her bedchamber. Yin Yun waited for an eunuch to come and get her. After a few moments of waiting, an eunuch came.

"Your highness, it's time to depart for court!" There was a need to yell since the eunuch can't come in pass the gates while Yin Yun's chamber is quite a distance from the gate.

Yin Yun stands up and went towards the gate. Giving the eunuch a faint smile, Yin Yun headed towards the court with the eunuch trailing behind.

-In the court.

"Your majesty, we need to come up with a disaster relief plan. The people are suffering." The one who spoke was the left prime minister.

"Yes, you're right. This is problematic, anyone who can come up with one, will be rewarded by me." Yin Xing Tan was seated up high, while the ministers and officials were standing below.

"Your majesty, my son, General Yan has a solution." Right prime minister nominated his son, Yan Chen. Yan Chen is the country's highest general. He became a general at the age of 20, right now, he's 28 years old. His innate ability was very high. At age 8, he was a Early Combat Soul. At the mere age of 14, he entered the Combat King realm. Age 19, he was at the the late stages of the Combat King. Age 28, he's at the peak of the early stages of Combat Emperor. This cultivation genius shock the Shu Continent, this led to the Sect Master of one of the two great sects, Forefather Ju.

Yan Chen stepped out of line and bowed to the Emperor.

"Your majesty, your servant came up with a disaster relief plan last night. I hope Your Majesty can hear for yourself." Yan Chen showed little respect to the Emperor.

"Let's hear it then."

"Yes. First-"

"Crown Princess has arrived!" An eunuch interrupted Yan Chen. Following after was a girl of 14 years old. Her beauty was already devastating at this age, many wonder how she will look like in the future. She walked with graceful light steps towards the Emperor.

"Yun'er greets imperial father." Yin Yun saluted in front of her father.

"Get up. Come stand up here with me." Yan Xing Tan beckoned Yin Yun. Yin Yun walked up the stairs and stands beside the Emperor.

"Imperial Father, Yun'er came late and doesn't know what's going on." Hearing Yin Yun's words, Yun Xing Tan nodded at Eunuch Gong, signaling him to fill Yin Yun in.

"Your highness, the country has hit by a huge flood. All ministers and officials are coming up with a disaster relief plan. General Yan was just about to tell us about his plan." In just a few sentences, Yin Yun grasped the situation in her hands. Turning towards General Yan, Yin Yun smiled.

"General Yan, I must have interrupted you. Please continue." Yin Yun was not really sincere when she heard the General's surname, Yan. It reminded her of Yan Fei.

General Yan stared at Yin Yun's face in a daze until his father nudged him with his elbow. Waking up, General Yan cleared his throat.

"Of course. First, make a list. Every victims of the disaster that requires relief is to be documented. Then, they will receive help one by one to assure that assistance is provided.

Second, encourage sharings. In the name of the imperial decree, wealthy households are to assist local authorities in disaster relief and set up rice congee stalls.

The third is to establish common granaries. Raise the price of food in disaster-free areas and ship food over to disaster-stricken zones." General Yan was very confident of his disaster relief plan.

"General Yan is really talented."

"Yes, not only is his innate ability is great, his wisdom is also great."

"Of course this is expected of Forefather's disciple."

One after another, ministers praised General Yan. Yan Chen, being showered with praises, ignorantly lifted his head up proudly. Minister Yan also had a satisfied look towards his son.

"No. This plan won't do." Hearing a voice, everyone looks towards Yin Yun with either disdain, annoyance, or just curious gazes.

General Yan looks up at Yin Yun. His eyebrow twitched. "If this plan won't do then does Crown Princess have a better one?" Everyone snickered at Yin Yun.

"Yun'er, tell us why General Yan's plan won't work." Yan Xing Tan looked at Yin Yun and encouraged her with a smile.

"Yes." Yin Yun walked down the steps and stands in front of everyone. She turned towards her father and explained.

"Imperial Father, there's a lot of mistakes with the plan."

"Explain further." Yan Xing Tan's gaze towards Yin Yun was very gentle.

"Imperial Father, the disaster relief plan might seem good there will be problems after it's been carried out."

What a joke! Everyone felt that Yin Yun was wrong. Without waiting for someone to ask her what she meant, Yin Yun continued.

"There are too many stages in the distribution so when the supplies are handed out, the clerks and town leaders would hold the rights to the funds. If they make use of that to gain benefits, and make false reports-"

"How dare you!" Right Prime Minister interrupted Yin Yun and pointed his finger towards Yin Yun. "How can a princess of this country question the official systems of her own country? Do you mean to say that the officials aren't capable and that His Majesty had bad judgement in appoint them? How outrageous!"

"That's right." Everyone started whispering.

"That's not what I meant. Please listen to the end." Yin Yun turns towards the ministers and smiles. This casual smile of hers shuts up everyone. Yin Yun turns around again to face the Emperor.

"You Majesty, this disaster relief plan will cause a riot. All in all, you are the reason for such an chaotic outcome." Hearing Yin Yun's words, everyone fell into a silence. Daring to blame the Emperor!

"What an atrocious Crown Princess! You disrespect his majesty? That's a capital crime even if you're the Crown Princess!" Right Prime Minister Yan points his finger at Yin Yun again.

Yin Yun, however just ignores his words and looks at her father.

"Your Majesty, advice when most needed is least heeded but it will do you the most good. A person can be great when he be tolerant and forgiving to many. I believe that Your Majesty is tolerant enough to hear painful but loyal advice."

"Keep going." No one knows what the Emperor is thinking right now. His face was expressionless.

"I might not have been highly educated, but I do know that a poor official system can bring great calamity to the people. As the ruler of a nation, shouldn't you be held responsible for that? Your people are exploited by officials because of your system. Could your majesty treat his people so cruelly?" Yin Yun speaks with confidence, there was no hestitation when she dares to say words like that.

"How should you be punished for offending his majesty?" Right Prince Minister speaks up again. Everyone looks towards the Emperor. The court was so quite that you could hear a hairpin fall.

"Death penalty!" Everyone sucks in air at the Emperor's words.