Chapter 43

"I see." Consort Du could only let these words out through her gritted teeth.

Some of the ministers with a high position, that are Consort Du's followers, gave the Left Minister displeased looks, some even secretly gave him a murderous look.

"The Crown Princess was known as a person with the mentality of a child but one with a gold heart. Ever since the poisoning accident, everyone knows the crown princess has changed, in a good way. She became well mannered and wiser." Consort Du had put on a proud mask on her face, talking as if Yin Yun was her own child.

But then Consort Du's face looked confused. "Even so, how can someone change so dramatically in such a short time?" She asked with an innocent look.

The Minister of Rites spoke up. "There are many reasons for a person's dramatic change and the most likely possibility is being possessed by a spiritual being."

Yin Yun frowned at Consort Du. I guess I should have been more low profile. However, what Consort Du had said made Yin Yun realize something. The former Yin Yun has a mentality of a child and she has never been outside of the palace. The only people who she interacts with was Fu Ling and the others, along with some other maids and eunuchs. So how can she even know that the Azure Jade Sect has the Coughing and Laughing Thousand-Left? She even knew about the Abyss Ink Plant in full details too!

From everyone's view, who directed their attention to Yin Yun after what the Minister of Rites said, it looks as if the Crown Princess's face has been distorted in confusion. Her gaze looks serious as she's in deep thoughts.

However, inside, Yin Yun now has a bunch of questions about the former Yin Yun. There were no memories of someone telling the former Yin Yun about these types of information. When Yin Yun heard familiar names and such, she just gets knowledge about it as if she had heard of it before.

Moreover, Yin Yun has only seen, from the former' memories, of the former Yin Yun being carefree and happy. She also did not see the moment that the former Yin Yun was invited and poisoned at the fifth princess's palace.

As Yin Yun becomes more confused, her mind filling up with more questions, she grimaces in pain as her head feels like exploding. At times like this, even though the Heart Sutra technique is kind of a high level one, it did little to help Yin Yun calm her mind.

"Yun'er, what's wrong?"

Hearing such a warm and gentle voice, Yin Yun felt refreshed, as if some magic was carried along with those words to her.

Knowing that the emperor did something to help her, Yin Yun smiled sweetly at him. "I just had a sudden headache, that's all."

Sending off murder intents to the ministers(only the ones who are with Consort Du) while tenderly looking at his daughter, the emperor said, "If anyone says any nonsense about Yun'er being possessed, that person, no matter who it is, will be thrown into the Ten Demon's Pagoda."

All of the ministers' faces fell off as their foreheads are now covered with sweat. The emperor really is one of a kind, giving a decree and a threat while smiling, this just makes him more scary and dangerous.

No one dared to oppose.

"Moving on, let's discuss the matters with Elder Du and Yun'er."

_______________

I know I said I'll update soon many times but didn't. I apologize.😅😓