[21] You Can't Die. I Can't Lose You.

Branch's heart raced as firetrucks, ambulances, police cars, everything filed around the scene of where Poppy had fallen.

Branch was still at the top, where he had managed to get onto a different Branch.

"Poppy?" he called down, it here for him to breathe from panicking. "Poppy can you hear me?! Poppy!"

A firefighter used a microphone to talk to Branch.

"Sir, we're going to have to ask you to get down from there so we can try and remove her out," they said.

"But Poppy is in there! You better get her out! I want to see her sweet face again!" Branch cried, and managed to get down from the tree, where he then saw the snack pack, all in tears, and just about every other troll sworm around the scene.

Everyone was wailing, including Branch. He ran over to the bottom of the tree and placed his head there as he sighed.

"Poppy," he said. "Don't die. Don't die now. I love you. You're beautiful. You talented. You're nice. You're funny. You're kind. You're sweet. You're fun. You're the queen. You're my queen. I don't want to lose you."

He didn't hear anything else. He didn't expect to.

She was probably dead. She was probably out in heaven, with his....

No, I can't think about Grandma right now.

But Branch couldn't help it. One death had already lead him to depression. He didn't want another death.

But he was afraid he was going to have to face the fact that he was suffering from another death.