[66] where there's pictures there's secrets

poppy grabbed two bags, both in which she could swing over her shoulder, that way they would be easy for her to carry when she needed to.

poppy didn't know what to grab. she was too overwhelmed.

what if the troll was lying? she asked herself. what if this is all a trick?

she shook her head. no more distractions.

poppy grabbed a pile of clothes. she didn't know what was in the pile. she just grabbed. and folded them as quickly as she could and shoved them into her bag. miraculously, they hardly took up any room.

it was already 6:30, and branch would be there at 7 to pick her, suki, and rosie up with the car so they could leave. tree had let them know that suki and rosie were aware of the situation, too.

poppy grabbed a pillow and two blankets, and she shoved the blankets into the pillowcase. she also stuffed her teddy bear, moose, that her mom had given her the week before her death, into the pillowcase.

poppy grabbed her phone, the charger, and her earbuds. she also grabbed a few movies, because she knew that branch always made sure his cars had a dvd player in the back. always.

poppy grabbed simple, ordinary things, like food, gallons of water, deodorant, soap, shampoo, batteries, and flashlights.

she sighed. is this really happening? we just have to flee troll village?

she grabbed everything else she knew she would need and some extra things. she was surprised it all fit in just the two bags that she had.

on her way out of her room with her bags, she noticed that her room actually looked empty. how did all of that fit in my bag?

when she was about to close her door, and noticed something that caught her eye. three pictures, side by side.

a family portrait from when poppy was a baby, but it didn't just include poppy's family, it included branch's, too.

a picture of tiny branch and poppy when they were no older than two.

a group picture of poppy, branch, cooper, suki, guy, biggie, satin and chenille, smidge, and fuzzbert the day that poppy had been crowned queen.

she grabbed all of them, but stopped when she saw the family portrait.

poppy, her mom and dad, and her brother, mossie (that's where she got the bears name from) were all in it. beside them stood branch, she mom and dad, and...

....a newborn baby?

branch has a sister.