[47] Will You Give Me A Chance?

"Poppy?" Rylie asked, standing in front of her, as she slept. "Time to wake up."

Poppy didn't move. He knew she was having a good dream, because she was smiling wider than ever.

Rylie walked over to her. Her hair was a mess, but she still looked as beautiful as ever.

Rylie put 3 of his fingers on her face. His index finger rubbed her cheek.

"Poppy?" Rylie asker again, not removing his fingers.

She still didn't move. She must have been in a good, deep sleep.

"You brought this on yourself," Rylie said, then turned his head, and thought about it for a moment. He out his fingers on her waist, and tickled her lightly.

Poppy's head shot up as she squealed.

"Branch?!!" she screamed, but then at Rylie. "Oh. It's just you."

Rylie removed his hands. "Just me?"

Poppy nodded. "I'm pretty sure that's what I just said."

Rylie shook his head and went over to the desk. Poppy admired her nails.

"I made you this," Rylie said, and handed her a tray of breakfast food.

Poppy studied it. The food seemed okay, but she perfered eggs over Lucky Charms.

She waited a moment before taking the t at slowly out of his hands. "Thanks......."

"Welcome," Rylie said, and looked over at the desk. He grabbed a peice of paper. "Oh! This is for you, too."

She took it, and he left the room. She unfolded it.

Dear Poppy,

I know you hate me. Very much. But I....how do I put this? My heart beats faster than it's ever when I'm around you. You have the prettiest smile, the most beautiful hair, dreamy eyes, everything I would ever want in a girl. I know, I know. The only man you want is Branch. But will you at least give me a chance? I'll promise you that I'll take care of you just like Branch would. Also. Prom is coming up next week....so....uh...

Prom?

Please get back to me asap. Thanks.

❤,
Rylie

Poppy looked at it. Then at the door. Then at it, then the door.

She got up, and opened the door. She saw Rylie standing alone, looking nervous.

She ran up to him. She gave him a hug and rested her head on his shoulder.

"I'll give you a chance," she whispered.