[33] You're My One And Only.

[Creek POV]

I didn't do anything. I don't know who did this. I came over to say hi to everyone, and then everything went wrong. I honestly don't know what is going on. Branch is torn up and I'm being blamed. For what?

[Third person POV]

"You can put your bedding there," Branch said, and pointed to the opposite side of the bed when the blue blankets and pillows were.

"Thanks," Poppy said. She wasn't in the best mood today. "You sure you're going to be okay?"

"I'll be fine," Branch said, and looked into her eyes. "Don't worry about me."

"I can't help it," Poppy said, now looking into his. "You're more torn up than I've ever seen before."

"I'll be okay. Go change. It's getting late, anyway."

Poppy nodded, and left the room. Branch got under the covers and sighed.

Why did Creek do this to me? I knew he wasn't good. But I haven't heard from Lily in a while. I hope she's okay. Whatever. Right now I'm about to be with Poppy again. I really need to talk to her. We haven't even planned our wedding yet.

Just then, the door unclicked, and Poppy walked back in wearing pink and blue pajamas.

Branch smiled and her, and she smiled back. She got into bed, and they both stared at the ceiling.

After a few minutes, Branch heard sniffing.

Poppy was crying.

He sat up. "Poppy? What's wrong?"

Poppy didn't move. "Creek is a jerk. He gained my trust. Then he betrayed it. He gained my trust again. Then he betrayed it again. And then he did it again. Why is his like this?"

"I don't know," Branch said, and lay back down. "I guess he doesn't understand what true love feels like."

He waited.

"But I do."

Poppy smiled, and Branch leaned his arm over to hers, grabbed her hand, and rubbed it.

"Poppy, you're my one and only."