[61] Have You Ever?

After they shared their embrace, Poppy rested her head on Branch's shoulder. She smiled warmly, not worrying at all about Creek. Branch wrapped one arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him carely, then looked at her.

"Poppy?" he asked.

"Yes?"

"Have you ever-ever....."

"Yeah....?" Poppy asked him.

"Have you ever thought about maybe....." his voice trailed off.

"Maybe....what?"

He turned his head away. "Nevermind. It was s stupid idea anyway." he looked at her again. Poppy placed her hand on Branch's chest, and they kissed for a moment, before Poppy got up.

"I should go," Poppy pointed to the door.

"What? Why?" Branch asked.

"I've got a party to plan for DJ Suki's birthday in a week," Poppy said, then grabbed her bags. "See you later?"

Branch nodded, not happy that Poppy was leaving. "Yeah, s-sure."

Poppy walked up to him and kissed his cheek, then slammed the door behind her as she left. Branch sighed.

"So...so she didn't even remember my birthday...." Branch said to himself, disappointed.

Ad Poppy walked out the door, she heard the bushes move. She jumped, but figured it was the wind. She kept moving, until something jumped out from them and grabbed her by the arm.

"Let go of me!!!" she yelped, struggling.

She was able to get a glimpse of who it was.

"Creek. LET ME GO!!!"

And then all she saw was black.