[53] Back Together

Poppy looked at Branch. He looked at her. He just wanted to keep looking into her eyes forever, but he knew he didn't have a chance of that.

"Can I go home with you? I don't want to be here anymore," she asked Branch.

Branch nodded. "Sure. Do you want me to help you with your stuff?"

She shook her head. "I'll cone back for it later. For now, I just want...."

Branch waited for her to finish.

"I just want to spend some time with you. You know, since we haven't done that for a while."

Branch nodded. He smiled, knowing that he wasn't the only one that just wanted to be with that certain one for a few more moments.

Poppy led him out of her room. She showed him where the elevator was, and they both went into it.

The door shut closed. They stared at each other for a moment. Branch felt himself growing closer to Poooy, but stopped himself before he could get any closer.

They stood there for a moment, and nothing happened.

"Are you stuck?" Poppy asked, half to herself.

Branch looked at her. For a moment, no one said anything.

"Did you press the button?" he asked.

Poppy looked at the buttons. "Whoops."

A/N: I've done this three times. XD

Branch shook his head and laughed.

Poppy giggled. "Sorry! I'm just...not myself today."

Branch smiled.

ΠΠΠ

Branch held the door open for Poppy. She walked in, ans immediately sat on the couch.

"Are you tired?" Branch asked, as he sat a few inches away from her.

"A little," Poppy said, showing him a soft, small smile.

"What do want to watch?" Branch asked.

"Trolls," she said, quietly.

"I should've guessed," Branch laughed.

As he turned it on, he didn't realize the fact that his body had made himself scoot closer to Poppy, and he was rubbing her back. She didn't make an expression.

His arm wrapped around her waist. She looked over at it, studied it for a moment, then closed her eyes.

"Sweet dreams," Branch said, and kissed her, assuming she was asleep.

But she wasn't.