Chapter 7

"We have four groups that each of you will be assigned to. The four groups are girls, boys, groups, and over twenty fives." Louis Walsh says in to the microphone in his hand.

I'm sitting in between Niall and Louis at the Wembley Arena in London. Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh have been explaining how boot camp in going to work for the past hour.

Today, we are being placed in a group. We are supposed to sing a song with our new group. At the end of the day, the two hundred and eleven acts will be cut down to one hundred and eight. That's a lot of people to go home in one day. Tomorrow, the rest of the people will be given dance lessons by Brian Friedman. I'm not a great dancer. Third day, we each have to sing a song from the top forty by ourselves. The forth day will be a break for us. The last day of boot camp, more people will be sent home.

Personally, I think I'll go home the first day. I'm good at dancing, but I'm not the greatest. So, if I did go through that would send me home. I need to think of a song I will sing.

"Can we get all the groups on the stage?" Simon asks.

People begin moving out of their seats to the stage. I pull my legs to my chest allowing people to walk by my seat.

"Carter, do you have any food?" Niall leans over to my seat.

"Oh yeah. Let me get it out of my mini fridge I bring everywhere with me." I say sarcastically.

"I have gum." Cher offers turning around in her seat in front of me. She grabs a pack of Trident gum and hands us a piece.

"Thanks." Niall unwraps it and shoves it in his mouth.

"All over twenty fives to the stage." Simon says next. More people leave the stands to go to the stage.

"I am craving an ice cream sundae." I randomly tell them.

"Don't talk about food!" Niall covers his ears.

"Remaining girls to the stage." Simon calls for next.

"Later, boys!" Cher stands up heading for the stairs. "Come on, Carter."

"I'll text you when we head back to the hotel." Louis says as I stand up.

"You like him, don't you?" Cher asks me when I follow her down the stairs.

"Like who?" I pretend I don't know what she is talking about.

Cher raises an eyebrow at me. "Louis. You may have just met a week ago, but you like him."

I glance over my shoulder to see Louis watching us. "Maybe."

"Maybe?" Cher laughs. "No, you like him."

We reach the bottom of the stage and climb the four steps to get on it. I stand next to Cher in the middle of the stage waiting for some more instructions. More girls step on the stage forming a crowd.

"Okay, I like him." I admit smiling at Louis and Niall.

"I know. I just met you today and I found it a bit obvious." Cher laughs at me adjusting her satchel on her shoulder.

"Is it that obvious?" I ask worriedly.

She shakes her head. "Only because I'm a girl. I can tell when a girl likes a guy. I can also tell when a guy likes a girl." Cher nudges my side winking.

"Follow me to the room you'll be practicing in." Simon waves us after him.

"Oh gosh. You're just like my best friend Riley." I laugh thinking about Riley saying he would get me and Louis together. Cher looks at me a little confused. "Riley met Louis after the judge's auditions at the hotel. He promised that he would get Louis and I together."

"We would get along greet! How old is he?" Cher asks eagerly.

I step into a room that has a piano in the middle of the room. "He's gay."

Cher's face falls. "Why are all the good guys gay?" She whines.

I giggle. "He is pretty amazing. He's sixteen just like me."

Simon claps his hands getting everyone's attention. "Alright. You guys will be singing If I Were A Boy by Rihanna. I suggest you start practicing. We have two people here to help you out. You have six hours until you start singing."

Six hours to learn the song? I don't listen to Rihanna. I don't know any of her songs. I listen to rock kind of music. I'll probably go home tonight.