Chapter 23

"One more time?" I ask Jeremy, who is sitting behind the keyboard.

"We've been practicing since six." Jeremy rests his hands on the keyboard.

"I know, but I sing in front of them tomorrow. I need to practice." I sit on the carpet floor. "I don't want to screw up."

"You'll do fine." Jeremy reassures me.

"One more time?" I smile at him sweetly.

"Last time." Jeremy picks up his hands.

"Thank you!" I take a sip of my water bottle first.

Jeremy starts to play on his keyboard. I nod my head to the music and wait for my part. I take a deep breath. My last practice until I sing in front of Cheryl and Will.I.Am. All the other girls have practiced earlier. Jeremy and I have been practicing for three hours.

'The truth is hiding in your eyes

And its hanging on your tongue

Just boiling in my blood

But you think that I can't see

What kind of man that you are

If you're a man at all

Well I will figure this one out

On my own

On my own

How did we get here?

Well I used to know you so well, yeah

How did we get here?

Well I think I know'

"That's it. I'm done. I will see you tomorrow." Jeremy begins packing up.

"Thank you, Jeremy!" I jump up off the ground and hug him.

"Your welcome. Now go get some sleep for tomorrow." Jeremy folds his keyboard up.

I run out of the room and out in the living room. "It's too earlier!" I yell at him.

I make my way to the kitchen for a snack. I've become quite at home here at Cheryl's house. I'm always getting a snack at random times during the day. Every time the camera crew would show up for the day I would be in the kitchen eating. It's not my fault I'm always hungry. Cheryl always has good food stocked in her house.

I grab my snack for the night and head back upstairs to Cher's and I bedroom. I pass everyone's bedrooms to see their doors are shut. There is no way they are all asleep at nine. It is way too early to go to bed now. I push open our door and see Cher curled up on her bed.

"Are you okay?" I shut the door behind me.

"My throat hurts." Cher whispers.

I set my Oreos and glass of milk on the table by my bed and walk over to Cher. "I hope you're not getting sick." I place my hand on her forehead. "You're really warm."

"No. I can't get sick." Cher snuggled in her bed.

"Did you tell anyone?" I sit on her bed.

"No one is here besides the girls." Cher coughs.

"Alright. Go to sleep. We'll tell Cheryl in the morning. Hopefully, they can get a doctor before you have to sing." I stand back up.

"I hope so." Cher croaks.

"Do you need anything?" I ask her.

Cher shakes her head. "Go Skype your boyfriend. I know you miss him."