Chapter 48

My fans voted me off like I asked them to. The judges seemed confused because they said my performance with Olly was incredible. Simon was the only one that didn't seem shocked. Either he didn't think that I was that good or he saw my video diary. Considering that he is one of main producers of this show, I'm guessing that he saw my video diary.

Right now, everyone is waiting on Dermot to tell us who is the next person to be eliminated off. I have no idea who is going to be eliminated. I think it will either be Rebecca or One Direction. I don't want it to be either, but I'm ninety nine percent sure that Matt will be in the bottom two. He is just that good.

Since I was voted off last night, I'm allowed to be backstage for tonight. I told one of the producers that when I find out who the winner is I'm going to run out on the stage. One of them will win and I will be excited. Therefore, I must run out on the stage to congratulate them.

"Nervous?" Olly comes up from behind me as I was the television in backstage.

"I just want to know who goes through." I bounce on my toes.

"Who do you want to go through?" Olly watches the tv with me.

"All of them." I state, truthfully. "Why does Dermot have to take so long to say who is eliminated? I could fly to the States and come back and Dermot would still be like this."

"It builds tension." Hannah joins the conversation.

"Well, I hate it." I glare at Dermot, waiting for him to say who is eliminated.

"One Direction!" Dermot finally says.

"No!" I shout, not carrying that everyone is staring at me.

The boys hug each other and Simon. Harry pats Matt on the back as they head off the stage. I knew Matt would be in the bottom two. The guys and Simon come down the stairs to the backstage area. I push away from Olly and Hannah to run towards Louis.

"You came in third! That's amazing!" I hug him.

Louis's arms go around my waist to hug me back. "I really wanted to win." He sighs.

"I know. That's why I asked my fans not to vote for me." I confess to him.

"What?" Louis loosens his hold on me. "Why would you do that? You could be in the bottom two right now."

"Do what?" Harry and the rest of the guys walk over to us.

Louis's arms drop from my waist. "Carter told her fans not to vote for her."

"Why?" Niall asks me.

"The three of you deserved to win more than I did." I explain to the five of them.

"You deserved to have a chance to win." Liam speaks up.

"Getting this far and singing a duet with Olly Murs was enough for me. I'm perfectly happy with coming in fourth place. Besides, I got to meet you guys and I made so many amazing friends." I tell them. "To make things even better, I got to date Louis."

Harry doesn't say anything, but pulls me into a hug. This must be his way of saying thank you. The rest of the guys slowly join in on the hug. Good. I was worried that they would be mad at me forever.

•••

This is it. Rebecca and Matt just finished singing their two songs. The show is on a commercial break, giving the judges a chance to decide who they want the winner to be. Rebecca is pacing around the backstage area, nervously. Matt is just standing in one spot and keeps adjusting his shirt.

"Rebecca, calm down." I grab her arm to stop her.

"I'm sorry." She apologizes. "I'm just so nervous. One of us is going to win."

"It's going to be okay. Even if you don't win, I guarantee that some music label will pick you up." I assure her.

"Thanks, Carter." Rebecca hugs me.

I'm getting a lot of hugs tonight.

"I'm going to get my makeup retouched." She mumbles, walking away.

I spin on my heel and head over to Matt, who is messing with his shirt still. I slap his hands away from his collar. Matt's hands drop to his sides as I fix his collar. He is nervous. I don't blame him. I would be freaking out right now if I was him. I fix his collar and then straighten out his jacket. I open my mouth to say something, but the announcer cuts me off.

"Good luck." I give Matt a quick hug. "Just to let you know, if you win, I want the first hug. You can't hug anyone else."

Matt laughs. "Alright. I'll be waiting for my hug then." He starts to head back for the stage.

"I'll run fast!" I tell at him with a smile on my face.

Something tells me that Matt is going to win this. I just have a feeling that it is him.

"Maybe I wanted the first hug."

I freeze when I hear that voice. I whirl around to see Aiden standing there with a smile on his face. "Aiden!" I squeal before throwing myself in his arms.

"Good to know I was missed." Aiden chuckles.

"What are you doing here?" I let go of him.

"Everyone got invited back to see the winner. We all plan on running out there when we find out who won." Aiden explains to me, glancing over his shoulder.

"Everyone?" I ask, excitedly.

Aiden nods once. "Yep. Cher is around her somewhere. I think she went to go find One Direction. Speaking of which, how are you and Louis doing? I don't have to kill him, do I?"

"No! You don't have to kill him. We are doing great." I grin to myself.

"Carter!" Cher screams from ten feet away.

"Cher!" I laugh and run towards her like she was doing to me. "It's like I haven't seen you in ages." I say, sarcastically.

"I know!" She squeezes me, tightly. "What were you thinking of telling your fans to vote you out? Are you insane?! I called all of my family and told them to vote for you."

"Why would you do that?" I glare at her. "I didn't want to win."

"I don't care! We voted for you anyways!" Cher crosses her arms, stubbornly.

"You shouldn't ha-"

"And, the winner is.." Dermot starts.

What?! I didn't realize they already started. Cher and I run to the side of the stage where we can see Rebecca, Dermot, and Matt. Aiden and One Direction are already standing there waiting.

"Matt Cardle!" Dermot shouts.

"Yes!" I scream and run across the stage. Rebecca reaches for Matt, but I run in front of her before she can. "Congratulations!" I whisper in his ear. "I knew you would win."

"Thank you." Matt hugs me back.

I let go of Matt to let Rebecca hug him next. I'm so proud of him. Harry hugs Matt next and whispers something in his ear.

I can't believe all of this is over. Matt won. Now we are all going to go our separate ways. Matt will get signed over onto Simon's label. Rebecca will get picked up by someone. I don't doubt that Simon will sign One Direction onto his label. He likes them too much. I don't know what will happen to me, but right now, I could care less.

•••••••

Author's Note:

Matt won. I didn't want Carter to win.

This is not the last chapter. There is one more left. I was going to put it on this one, but I decided against it.

Did you like it?

Question...Are any of you reading my story SIUTK?

So, yeah!