Chapter 16

"Can I get the chicken parmesan?" I hand my menu to the blonde waitress named Allison.

She writes down my order. "It will be a little bit." Allison walks away.

We all decided to come out to eat in celebration. It's me, Cher, Niall, Louis, and the three other guys who made it. Niall suggested going out to eat and then I thought of inviting everyone. That way they could all get to know each other better.

"Let's get to know each other." I suggest. "My name is Carter Shay. I'm sixteen and my best friend is Louis." I start off. "My other best friend is back at home in London, though."

"I thought we were best friends?" Cher puts a hand over her heart, acting offended.

"You're my best girl friend." I correct her, taking a sip of my Dr. Pepper.

"Yes!" Louis high fives me. "My name is Louis Tomlinson. I'm eighteen. I'm a very shy and quiet person." He says with a serious face.

I burst out laughing. Shy and quiet? Louis just told them that he is shy and quiet. What a lie that is! He is the exact opposite.

"Are you done?" Louis raises an eyebrow.

"Sorry." I cover my mouth, still giggling quietly. "Continue."

"And my best friend is.." Louis looks over at me. "Niall!"

Niall grins at Louis.

"Oh. I see how it is." I playfully glare at Louis. "Harry, guess what. You're my new best friend since I got replaced." I wink at him.

"What? You can't replace me with Harry. He's a flirt." Louis pouts.

I grab a piece of bread from the center of the round table. "You shouldn't have replaced me." I shrug. "Besides, I said he was my best friend. I didn't say I was dating him."

"We could change that." Harry winks at me.

"I'll have to pass." I take a bite of my bread. "I'm not into younger men."

"I'm only fifteen." Harry sticks out his bottom lip.

"Sorry, Harry. Carter only likes older guys." Cher chuckles.

"If you change your mind you know where I'll be." Harry grins at me.

I laugh. "Zayn, tell us about yourself." I point at the quiet boy.

"Um. My name is Zayn Malik." He shifts in his seat. "I'm sixteen. I-"

I snap my fingers at him. "I remember you! You were that guy that Simon had to go get when the boys were dancing." I remember.

Zayn blushes and looks down. "I'm not a very good dancer."

"That was rude." Louis comments.

"Shut up, Lou." I grin at him. "I wasn't being mean. If it makes you feel any better, Nicole had to help me get on the stage for our individual singing."

"You two are perfect for each other." Cher mumbles under her breath.

The table turns to an awkward silence. Cher looks up and notices everyone is staring at her. I can't believe she just said that out loud. My cheeks heat up and I look down at my hands. Well, this is awkward.

"So, my name is Liam Payne." Liam saves me. "I'm sixteen. I tried out for the X Factor when I was fourteen, but Simon told me to come back in two years."

"You've been on the show before?" I ask him, avoiding Louis's gaze.

"Yeah." Liam nods. "Simon didn't think I was completely ready. I made it all the way to the judge's house."