Chapter 37

Last night's show went really well. No one messed up in the group performance. Hannah made sure that I wore flats with my outfit. She didn't want me to wear heels and have me twist my ankle again.

I was the first one to start the song Telephone by Lady Gaga. I was extremely nervous at first then I got over it. Cher's part was my absolute favorite. She really brought her personality into it. Everyone sounded amazing. My voice sounded a little nasally because I caught a cold because of Louis pushing me in the pool.

Cheryl tried to talk me out of performing last night. She said that they would just show the video of me recording in the studio, but I didn't want to risk it. The video only showed me in a recording booth. That's it. I wasn't moving around or anything. I decided on performing. I felt like I was going to die the entire time. I pretend like I felt amazing, though. I didn't want anyone to know that I was sick.

My plan almost worked until Cheryl said that I did a good job of performing and not acting like I was sick. That comment made all of the judges talk about how I refused to not perform tonight. I didn't want the audience to know. I was afraid they would feel bad for me and give me sympathy. I didn't want that.

After the show was over, everyone went home. I ended up passing out on the couch. I was so exhausted. Both of the performances tired me out. I slept all day today. I think my cold is getting worse. I've felt even worse then I did yesterday. I wish I could just stay at the house while everyone goes off to the live show, but I can't. I had to be there.

The first three people to be safe were Matt, Rebecca, and Mary. Cher, Treyc, and Pajie were safe next. Storm is in the bottom three along with Belle Amie. There is one last person that belongs in the bottom three. Scary thing is, there are only three of us left. It's John, Diva Fever, and me. One of us is in the bottom three.

The three of us are waiting for the show to come back from commercial. The two workers standing next to us will then usher us out on the stage. That is when we will find out our fate. I realized this is the second time of me being in the bottom of who will be the last in the bottom three. It's quite nerve wracking. I have this feeling that I'm in the bottom three. If I wasn't sick then I could have done a better job.

"Good luck, Carter." Jo hugs me.

"Thanks. You too." I hug him back.

"Okay. They are ready for you. We go live in one minute." The worker on my left announces.

They motion for the four of us to walk out on the stage. I walk to the middle of the stage where Dermot is standing. He winks at me when I stand on the right of Diva Fever. John is on the left side of them. Dermot walks up to us and steps in the middle next to me.

This is it.

"Welcome back to the live results show of the X Factor!" Dermot says into his microphone. "Here with me, I have the last three that have not been told if they are safe or not. One of them will be in the bottom three with Belle Amie and Storm Lee."

I feel an itching feeling in the back of my throat. Crap. I need to cough. I don't want to cough while I'm live on the show, though. Maybe I can just hold it. I won't have to talk if I'm safe. If I'm not safe then I will have to say something about being in the bottom three.

"John, please step forward." Dermot nods to him.

Oh no. Don't tell me that John is in the bottom three. He's really nice. We don't really talk much, but I know that he is a good person.

"You are safe." Dermot says after a few seconds.

A huge smile spreads out on John's face. He hugs Diva Fever and me quickly before walking off stage. I'm in the bottom three. I just know it. That's why Dermot is standing in between Diva Fever and me. He knew that John would be safe.