1.7

two weeks later

two weeks later.
seokjin's house.

you, hoseok, yoongi, and seokjin hadn't seen jungkook nor his friends in two entire weeks. occasionally, you went out with some of your other friends and they would mention seeing jungkook around with another girl.

seokjin stayed in contact with namjoon through text but recently they upgraded to talking over the phone. namjoon's friends and seokjin's friends do not know a thing about this.

over the span of two weeks you managed to clear your mind as well as you could. of course you still have strong, lingering feelings for jungkook but you don't feel as hurt anymore. you practiced self-love techniques that you found online with seokjin every night to help raise your self esteem. the self-love techniques did help quite a bit.

it was still unknown to you if jungkook was making an effort to change himself and get you back, but that was the last thing on your mind.

you and yoongi got closer and even went out on a few dates to test the waters. the word made its way to jungkook which angered him and he did his best to 'coincidentally' run into you around town but thankfully that never happened.

hoseok and jungkook's friends got less hostile without the tension — which was good on both sides. taehyung and jimin weren't yelling and judging jungkook's every move like normally. hoseok wasn't randomly spitting disses and rude remarks towards jungkook like he did before when you weren't around.

even though hoseok thought you never heard the venom leak from his mouth, you would hear every single insult. part of you wanted him to continue being hostile but you know it is unhealthy to hold grudges.

the friend seokjin mentioned having that could help you had flown into your town to see you. she arrived about a week ago and when you realized who it was, you scolded seokjin for telling you it was his friend. you knew seokjin had no other friends besides you, hoseok, and yoongi. the 'friend' helping you out was none other than seokjin's sister, kim evea. she brought suitcases to stay in one of seokjin's guest rooms for a few weeks.

you had heard multiple stories about evea and even skyped her a few times along side seokjin, but that was the first time you were meeting her! the two of you grew very close, very fast. faster than seokjin intended. every morning during breakfast, evea would tell you some of her break up stories. she was a very pretty girl, but evidently a little crazy. which is why she's had so many break ups.

but the break ups don't bother her; something you admire about evea. she stopped letting the actions or words of a man hurt her after her third boyfriend, she told you.

at the moment, seokjin stood in his kitchen — cooking breakfast for you, him, and his sister — this fine saturday morning, when he got a few text messages.

these text notifications had a different ringtone from everyone else on his contacts; which had seokjin smiling because he already knew who it was.