2.5

lucky's bowling alley

10:02 pm

the 'friendly' game of ball rolling was nearing its end. the score was tied with 240 for both teams.

the game originally started off as team verses team, but as it progressed it turned into a game between you and krissy.

it turned out, krissy wasn't bad at the game.

she'd score a seemingly endless amount of strikes, as did you, but each time krissy scored a strike she'd flaunt back to jungkook and jump into his arms.

jungkook would cheer the both of you on and keep his eyes on you to see your reactions.

he would try to confront you each time you hit a strike but krissy would rubber band back to him and pull him away.

jimin walked away from his friends to the side of lane 24. he sat very close to the mint haired male who was just teying to mind his business.

hoseok sat straight in his seat, showing his dimples through a smile, placing his hands on his crossed legs.

namjoon and seokjin stood behind the group and comminuted lowly. they were getting quite close.

taehyung leaned back in one of the cold benches with his hood tied tightly around his head. the poor bleach blonde was annoyed by his surroundings and was starting to develop a headache.

hoseok noticed taehyung was alone so he stood up and went to sit next to him. taehyung narrowed his brows at the orange haired man and bucked his hips to lean down in his seat even more.

"krissy, this is your final shot, make it count!" jungkook hollered as he watched his girlfriend get into a stance to roll her ball.

krissy missed three of the pins.

seokjin saw this and yelled at you with enthusiasm, "KENNA! YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOCK DOWN THREE PINS AND YOU WIN!"

yoongi and hoseok cheered you in sync. you anxiously grabbed a light pink bowling ball, positioning yourself in front of the lane. just as you were taking steps forward to roll the heavy ball, krissy shrieked.

"JUNGKOOK! STOP KISSING ME LIKE THAT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. SAVE IT FOR THE BEDROOM!"

in reality, jungkook wasn't kissing krissy. he wasn't even touching her. krissy just said that in hopes of you messing up your shot.

you twitched at the sound of her voice saying such things. the ball slid off your fingers and into the gutter. the screen above you rang, signalizing you had lost. with an angry expression, you glanced around at your spread out friends. tears of frustration were forming around your eye lids. krissy boasted a great amount and was starting to boast in your face.

you stomped out of the bowling alley with balled fists. it wasn't that deep, but the nerve of krissy! it aggravated you!

yoongi and hoseok called out to you but you didn't turn around. jimin shoved jungkook to go talk to you but krissy clung back onto her boyfriend.

"kenna! wait!" jungkook said.

you didn't wait. the rather cooling air of the outside helped you calm down. minutes were starting to pass. you continued to stand along side the building to think. to make sure you wouldn't have an outburst.

it was just a game after all.

"i don't like her either," a deep voice called out to you, gliding himself to your right side.

you fixated your gaze in the direction the honey sounding voice had spoken from. it was taehyung.

he untied his hood and pushed it off his head, exposing his messy blonde hair. the beautiful, tanned man shoved his hands in his hoodie pocket and leaned against the wall with you.

"why are you talking to me?" you broke the non-awkward silence.

"just to see if you're okay, i guess. i dunno... i also wanted some air away from everyone."

"even your friends?"

taehyung scoffed and shifted his feet, "joon, jim, and kook are so whack. they have good intentions, they just don't know how to execute them. as for krissy... no one really likes her."

"i see..."

"yeah. they're all pretty dumb— maybe not joon, but jimin and jungkook? they do stuff without thinking of the long term effect." taehyung paused and dryly chuckled, reminiscing, "i make mistakes too. everyone does. but with them i know they'll always have my back and i'll have theirs. that's kinda what makes any relationship work. don't y'think?"

you were trying to process an answer. because you were taking so long to answer, taehyung got flustered and spoke again, "i dunno," he laughed, "i probably sound stupid. my main point was... something about being understanding to one another and always being truthful... and how that is what makes relationships work."

"n-no, no," you stuttered, "it wasn't stupid. it makes sense. i just— seokjin tells me stuff like that all the time. and i agree..."

taehyung side glanced at you, the ends of his lips curving upwards."uh— i also came out here to ask you if you wanted to watch the street race on the another side of town. y'know, the one we went to the past years."

you nodded in response, already familiarity what taehyung's was talking about.

"we're getting ready to leave right now. you can invite your friends or go in the car with joon, jimin, and i." taehyung informed you, "like always, jungkook is gonna compete."

«««««
sorry for the lame chaptersssssss

a double update bc i'm still sad
btw thanks for those kind messages and stuff. it made me rlly soft (,:

and also, thank you so so so so so so so so so so so so so SO much for the support on this book <3