Its just a cold - Nouis (HS)

'You alright Haz?'

'Yeah I'm fine Dad.'

'You sure your constantly sneezing today.'

'Yeah I'm fine trust me I'm going to do some homework.'

'Alright love if you need any help just shout for me, as long as it's not maths then you need to shout for Pops since he teaches that.'

'Okay.'

I had to get away from my dad before he discovered I was hiding something.

I knew the reason I was sneezing was due to me getting sick but it was my best mates birthday tomorrow and we had been planning it for weeks. But if my dad figured I was sick he wouldn't allow me to go.

All I had to do was constantly deny everything tonight and then just get through a day of school. Easy right. I wish.

***
'Did you finish your homework Haz?'

'Yeah nearly.'

'Do you need any help?'

'Um yeah could you help me with my maths that's all I have left.'

'I can do that baring in mind I was the one who set the homework.'

'Thanks pops.'

'How about you Li?' I heard my dad ask my older brother.

'Yeah it's going alright it's mainly coursework at the moment.'

'Anything I can help with?'

'Unless you understand Shakespeare then no.'

'Are you forgetting I have an English degree!'

'Oh my god I can't believe I forgot that stay right their I'm getting my notebook and laptop.'

I chuckled at my older brother. How could he forget about dads degree that's all he talks about his certificate is even framed in the lounge.

When Li came back and him and dad sat down to discuss Shakespeare, pops followed me up to my room claiming we didn't need Shakespeare in life.

It was a constant argument between my parents which subject was more important: maths or english. It did get quite funny at times. As my dad had his English degree and pops has a maths degree. They are both qualified teachers but dad gave up his job when they adopted me and Li 12 years ago and quite enjoyed being a stay at home dad and never went back.

'Right Haz let's do this then'

I got my stuff out of my bag and put it in on my desk

'Pops why is the stuff you set so difficult.' I said as two more sneezes slipped.

'It's not difficult Haz.'

'That's easy for you to say you have a maths degree.'

'You sound quite horse Haz you alright? Is your throat bothering you?'

'No it's fine I'm just tired.'

'If you say so. Let's get going with this then it's due tomorrow.'