Delirious mind - Larry (NH)

Request for: sunkissedbaes

"Ni can we play in the snow?" I heard my little brother ask as he came into my room.

"No Li, I'm sick as it is I don't want to get any worse." I said poking my head out of my mountain of blankets.

"Please."

"No." I said before coughing and I then saw dad.

"Li I told you not to come in here." Dad said picking my little brother up who pouted.

"I want to play in the snow though." Liam said and dad then put him down.

"Why don't you go and find papa I'm sure he'll play with you for a bit." Dad suggested and Liam ran off then while dad came further into my room and sat on my bed only then did I notice he had a mug with him.

"How you feeling now?" Dad asked me and I just shrugged reaching for a tissue and blowing my nose before accepting the mug Dad was holding out to me.

"I can hardly breathe out my nose." I stated and dad chuckled.

"What?"

"Your so congested." He said and I just glared at him.

"Do you need anything?"

"More medicine and tissues please." I said taking a sip of the hot drink and dad smiled.

"I'll be right back." He said before disappearing. This cold I had seemed to have contracted had certainly pounced on me quickly I mean I was fine when I went to bed last night, didn't feel in the tiniest bit sick and then i woke up this morning in a Right mess.

"Here." Dad said handing me 2 pills and I happily took them with a sip of drink before he placed the tissues on my bedside table.

"You know your not going to be the only one with a cold if your pops and little brother keep playing outside for too long, it's really coming down out there now." Dad said and I sighed.

"It's not fair, it never snows here and then when it does I'm stuck in bed feeling like I'm dying."

"Bit of an exaggeration love." Dad said chuckling.

"Is it though?" I said placing my mug on my bedside table and lying back down under my mountain of blankets.

"Do you want a cuddle or anything?" He asked knowing I wouldn't ask for that myself and all I did in response was lift the duvet slightly and dad took that as his invite to climb into bed next to me.

"Your warm Ni." Dad said as I rested my head on his chest and he started to run his hand through my hair.

"I don't feel it." I said and dad sighed.

"You've probably got a fever then cause I'm telling you now your too warm for it to be from the blankets." Dad said while resting his hand over my forehead.

"Brilliant." I mumbled before dad kissed my forehead and gently lifted my head off his chest.

"Where you going?" I asked as I had just managed to get comfy.

"Get the thermometer, I'll be back in no time." He promised before walking out my room.

Like he said he was back in no time and helped me sit up.

"Right I'm going to have to take it under your arm Love as you've just had that hot drink it will make the reading false." He told me and I nodded letting him bunch my top up until it was high enough that he could position the thermometer.

"Right that will beep when it's done, but for now some of these blankets are going to have to go."

"No." I whined and dad just raised his eyebrows at me.