Chapter 24

Ava P.O.V

I awoke feeling a bit achy, but overall fine.

Next to me lays my sleeping, handsome mate. His black hair is covering his eyes, so I carefully lift his soft locks away, under his eyes I can see dark circles, from sleepless nights and drama full days.

I kiss his forehead and silently remove myself from his 4kg muscly arms. I stand up and start to walk towards the door, so I can find some clean clothes, only for me to trip over a wire and wake up Vince in the process.

I turn over to see Vince sitting up quickly and searching around for me, once he notices me lounging around on the floor he stretches his hand out to me to help me up.

"Ava, what are you doing on the floor, of all places?" Vince questions me with a hint of amusement.

"Well, ijusttripped", I rush out, very quickly, whilst trying to hide my embarrassment and blushing bright red cheeks.

"Avaaaaaa, what did you do?" he asks me again, while trying to hide his smirk.

Instead of answering I stand up straight and cross my arms stubbornly, while shaking my head.

"Avaaaa", he whines with.

Vince starts to stroll towards me like the big bad wolf, which he is. I try to find an escape route, but of course I am too slow and maybe I want to be caught.

"Vince!" I shout as he starts murdering me with tickles.

"ok, ok", I beg trying to stop him.

He finally stops and I try to catch my breaths and save my thundering heart, "Vince, I fell over", I say quietly.

"Sorry mate I didn't hear that", Vince teases me, while placing his hand up to his ear, miming it to me.

"I tripped over the wire", I say honestly.

"I was being sneaky and I didn't want to wake you up", I add with what I wish is a cute smile and not a creepy grin.

Vince accepts my words and pulls me into a warm hug, a wolfly hug.

-=--==-=-=--=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=--==--=-=--==-

After hugging Vince, I went to find some clothes as I was still in my hospital gown.

I went downstairs to find the pups having a tea party in the castles small children's dining room and play area.

"princess! Princess!" the pups scream in joy. Whenever I visited with Florence I would always visit the pups and the orphans which us royals take in to care for and wait until we can find them a new home with a loving family. I hug all the pups and play imaginary tea time with them for around 20 minutes.

"Hide and seek, hide and seek!" Emmy and Winnie two eight-year-old pups shout in excitement.

I feel a tug on my trouser leg, its Lenny, he shows me a toothless grin and asks me to help him hide.

I help Lenny and some of the other children as I know the best hiding places in the castle.

After hiding the last child, I walk around the castle only to wander into my parent's private quarters.

I open the door to my left, it's my father's office, I've only been in here once or twice when I was a child, and my father actually showed me love.

I look around the office to see a diary/journal open on my father's desk, the date written on the open page is 4th May 2004, I was only 4 years old then. I snoop through the diary to see my name written in numerous places in elegant cursive writing.

4th May 2004  The Monstrous Storm of the South

That's weird, I had never heard of this storm, if its written in my father's journal it must be important.

As I read through the diary I couldn't believe what it said.

My tears dripped down onto the paper, leaving wetness on my cheeks.

My queen and I had just come home from visiting another realm, the Princess of the Elves and Fairies had run away.

As we were running in wolf form, thunder roared from the sky and rain poured down on us as the heavens opened. I mind linked the maids and the guards at the castle, to make sure Avalyn was safe, they mind linked me back saying that she was stubborn, she wanted to play in the rain with Lucas.

Me and Rosaline raced home, so we could bring Avalyn in from the rain, but we were too late.

Lightening started to strike the trees around us, we heard a heart wrenching scream and that's when we arrived at the green clearing.

I tried to save her, I held her weightless body in my arms, after I turned into half human, half wolf. I tried to save her, I demanded the guards to bring me supplies. Rosaline rushed towards me, tears were already falling freely from her eyes.

My daughter, I thought she had died.

She just laid limply in my arms.

Our best medics had saved her, but she was still in sleep coma, she wasn't physically alive and I was scared she would not awake.

I couldn't stop reading it, all the secrets were being unravelled.

February 8th, 2004 Moon Day

Moon Day: the day our moon goddess saved our princess.

Avalyn my beautiful daughter was still asleep. Rosaline would brush her long locks every day. Lucas would tell her funny stories and Blake just trained even harder at the age of 8, I knew he hated not seeing Avalyn's smiling face, we all did.

I would cry myself to sleep every night with my mate's arms wrapped around me. Sometimes if I awoke I would Visit Avalyn and tell her how much I love her and I will protect her all my life.

The goddess must have heard our wishes as today Avalyn's smile had appeared on her face. She was alive physically, she was awaking.

My neighbouring pack, the Midnight Moon Pack, Alpha and Luna Potts and their son Vince had visited to pay their respects.

Vince had somehow awoken Avalyn, at that moment I knew he was my daughters mate. I begged him, I begged a 7-year-old boy to give blood to my 4-year-old daughter.

As only your mates blood matches your own.

Vince Potts had saved my daughter Avalyn Castro.

I sat on the floor of my father's office, millions of tears ran down my face.

I nearly died.

-------------------------------------------

I actually love this chapter so much, thank you for reading this book I love you all.

Vote, comment and share.

Word count: 1082