Chapter 20

Picture of Alison's outfit.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Chapter 20

Alison's POV

Tonight was the night. The party to welcome the new members of the pack. Only I didn't want to be here. I have been here long enough. Trapped inside, not allowed to go anywhere. I'm a wolf in a cage and I want out!

Danny and Ryan where going to be here today, if I kept my promise. The promise not to forgive, just listen. And that is what I was doing right now. I was with Luke, in the woods, by the clearing he found me last time. The memory of us nuzzling, playing was still fresh in my mind. It made me feel warm, even without my permission. I couldn't forget how he had kissed me, while sleeping. How my entire being became alive at his touch. I shook my head, trying to shake the thought away.

"Okay, we're here so... Start Talking" I said. I just wanted this over with, mate or not, I could forgive him for cheating on me, knowing what that would do to me.

Luke ran his hand through his hair, flexing his muscles in the process. I bit my lip, ignoring the way he made my wolf purr for him. "I have practised this speech so many times" He chuckled, "Now that we're here, I don't- I don't really know where to start..."

"The beginning" I offered, with an unlady-like snort.

"I know there is no way I can redeem myself for what I have done" He started looking like a wounded dog as he spoke, "But you need to know I didn't cheat on you that night" He said, I snorted, opening my mouth to argue, but he put his finger on my lips.

"I never cheated on you" he repeated, "-intentionally" He explained.

"What so you just accidentally fall and fucked her?" I snapped.

"Hush darling, I'm not finished" he said and I bit my lip again to stop talking.

"I was drunk. Everyday since that day when Emily told me Danny and You were having an affair. I started drinking my pain away, trying to forget you. It didn't work if it makes you feel any better" he said with a wry smile.

"I was beyond drunk, I didn't even remember getting to my room, last I remember I was in the study. She drugged me, and that's how she raped me. I wasn't even awake" I looked at him as he spoke, she raped him? how low can you get?

"All I know is I woke up with Mindy next to me, no clothes on. Next thing I knew I slammed her to the wall, nearly chocking her to death. If Adam hadn't entered when he did I probably would have killed her" He said taking a breath. I sat there not showing any emotion on my face as he spoke, but the thought of him chocking Mindy was a delightful thought.

"I would never hurt you like that" He said leaning closer touching my cheek.

"I swear, no matter what I could never hurt you" my body craved his touch, my wolf begged for him.

"That doesn't change anything" I said, blinking away a tear that threatened to appear "Every action you've done after that was your own doing. Kidnapping me, keeping me locked inside like a hostage, controlling me, not letting me run, to decide for myself, I'm a wolf Luke I'm meant to be free" I couldn't change the uneasiness he was causing me. I couldn't just forgive him and welcome him with open arms.

"I am sorry" Luke said, he could hide the disappointment in his voice. it made my heart break.

"I know" I whispered. I didn't no what else to say. I couldn't-

"I'll keep my end of the deal. Daniel and Ryan can come. Thank you for listening" He said and turned.

"Let's get back. The party is about to start, wouldn't wanna be late" He said trying a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes.