Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Alison's Point of view.

I was still half asleep when I felt another presence in the room. It wasn't difficult to tell who it was. By the sound of the people talking. Danny and Ryan were here as well. 

I just let myself sleep enjoying Luke's hand in mine. I felt safe and loved. And I didn't want to let that go just yet. I felt much better and in the back of my head I knew a few more hours of sleep I would be good to go.

 * * * * * * 

I woke up to to people talking. Luke and Danny. Ryan wasn't here anymore.

"I know I screwed up but-" I heard Luke say, but Danny interrupted.

"I'm not the one judging you. All I'm saying is, take care of her" Danny said with a warm voice, I could feel his gaze on me. 

"You mean-" again Danny interrupted Luke.

"Yes I accept you as my sisters mate, I'm not about to stand in the way of the only thing that can make Ali truly happy" Danny said. Then chuckled "Besides I'm not the one you need to worry about" Danny said. He was right, Ryan was. 

"Thank you" Luke said.

"It's weird seeing you so weak, it's like you have no more fight left" Danny said.

"Maybe I don't" Luke said. Danny was right. Luke did sound tired, only half present when he spoke.

I pulled my sheets closer unconsciously, making them turn to me. Knowing I was waking. My heartbeat betrayed me and I could no longer pretend to sleep. I opened my eyes and smiled.

"You're awake" Danny smiled. Luke rushed to my side, taking his hands on my shoulders stopping me from sitting up.

"You should rest, Doc said it would take you a few days to recover" Luke said with a warm loving voice that made my heart melt. Well it would have if what he said hand't been so insulting. 

I snorted. "Well average female's might take that long, but I'm fully healed" I said gently removing his hands and I sat up. 

"What?" Luke said. He did a full inspection. Looking at my face for bruises, but they where gone. My ribs where also healed, just sore.

"How is this possible?" Luke said looking from me to Danny, confused but he looked relieved that I was no longer in pain. Danny didn't look surprised at all.

 "You knew?" Luke said.

"I have known her since she was 7" Danny said, shrugging. "I forgot to tell you" Danny apologized.