Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Luke's POV

I was in Adam's office, helping him with his Alpha duties. I was looking trough some paperwork when the bell rang, meaning there was someone at the door.

"Luke could you get it?" Adam asked, but I was already on it. I opened the door and her intoxicating scent hit me. My wolf howled in excitement to see our mate. She had been avoiding me like the plague, the moment I would enter a room she was out, before I could place my eyes on her. It made my heart sting that she hated me so much.

"Ali" I said, looking into her beautiful blue eyes, I could see a flash of something I couldn't place, then anger in her eyes, then she spoke emotionless.

"I'm not here for you. I have something I need to speak to Alpha Adam" she said.

I probably looked like a kid who had gotten his toy stolen. I nodded and opened the door so she could walk in. It took everything I had not to check her out, to just reach out, to grabber and kiss her. But I stopped myself, her anger would only get stronger and she would truly hate me, and that was worse then my desire to be with her.

"Ali" Adam said in surprise, "What can I do for you?" He asked.

She nodded her head a little in respect, I saw Adams eyes lingered on her face, and my wolf stirred, why is he looking at her like that. Then Adam laughed.

"You really are something else" He laughed, earning a growl from me. "Oh hush Luke, I'm not even touching her, but she didn't bow down to me same as you do, she really is your match in every way" He laughed.

Realization hit me, and I smirked. She couldn't break eye contact.

"she is probably even more stubborn than you" He said laughing. She must have looked confused because he said.

"Oh you don't need to fear me, not that I think for a second you do, Luke doesn't bow down to me either, that is why I find it all amusing, sorry" He said sobering up. "I'm assuming you came here for a reason" He said and she nodded.

"My pack has been in a bit of trouble lately, rogues, a lot of them, I was hoping since this pack is the largest pack in the country , maybe you could spare a few men to help?" she asked.

"I don't see why not, I mean an attack on your pack is an attack on us as well since we are in an alliance. I'm glad to help a fellow alpha" Adam smiled.

"Thank you. Danny would really appreciate it, even if he can't ask for himself. Just don't tell him I asked, say it was Ryan, I'm not done being angry at him just yet." she said crossing her hand over her chest.

If she wasn't ready to forgive him, there was truly no hope for me, my heart sank.

Adam laughed again, "Very well, I'll send Jace and some of the warriors with him, that should be more than enough"

She nodded, "Thank you" and got up to leave the room, passing me without a glance. I watched her leave the room, looking like a wounded pup.

* * * * *

The warriors and Jace left within the hour, and Adam had contacted the Red Moon pack, letting them know they on their way, thanks to Ryan, which made Ryan laugh in the background of the phone call.

I looked out of the office window and saw Ali running up to the forest, she took of her jacket and went behind a tree to shift I'm sure. Curiosity filled me and before I could resist I excused myself and went out to shift to. I never got a chance to see her wolf. I bet she is beautiful.

I ran up to the tree she had changed, and undressed tying my shorts and t-shirt to my foot. then I shifted. I went back to the tree she shifted behind getting her sent and followed it.